● Billy Joe Saunders keeps WBO super-middleweight title with unanimous points win Saunders was too sharp and strong for his durable 38-year-old opponent.
● Johnson and von der Leyen in emergency talks as time runs out on Brexit deal UK and EU leaders to speak after the negotiating teams say the conditions for a post-Brexit agreement have not been met.
● Post-Brexit trade talks: The sticking points EU and UK remain at odds over future fishing rights and competition rules
● Graham Potter urges Aaron Connolly to go easier on himself over struggles The Republic of Ireland international had endured a difficult run.
● Japan awaits return of spacecraft with asteroid soil samples Hayabusa2 is descending to land in a remote, sparsely populated area of South Australia on Sunday.
● Napoli rename stadium after Diego Maradona Club owner Aurelio de Laurentiis announced plans to rename the San Paolo Stadium soon after the Argentinian’s death.
● UK and EU fail to reach deal as trade talks paused BRITAIN-EU/ (UPDATE 8, TV, PIX):UPDATE 8-UK, EU fail to reach deal, trade talks paused
● United players unite with £250,000 for vulnerable children Harry Maguire says all his team-mates are behind the effort to improve Christmas for youngsters.
● Leslie Buckley's bid to have INM inspectors withdrawn to be decided in May Mr Justice Garrett Simons said an enormous volume of material had been put before the court
● Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford a doubt for West Ham clash Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hoping the 23-year-old overcomes a shoulder injury in time to face the Hammers on Saturday.
● Jose Mourinho not expecting form to play a part ahead of north London derby The Gunners have lost four of their last six games in the Premier League.
● Mike Catt challenges Ireland to end 2020 on a high The Irish have the opportunity to end an inconsistent 2020 in positive fashion against Scotland on Saturday.
● Brian Stanley should answer to Dáil over tweets, says Helen McEntee The Finance Minister earlier demanded answers from Mary Lou McDonald and her party after Brian Stanley deleted his Twitter account following the discovery of...
● Economy rebounds by near record 11.1% in third quarter The reintroduction of Covid-19 restrictions in the fourth quarter is expected to curtail economic activity again.
● Woman (50s) dies after three-car crash in Co Roscommon The road is closed for a forensic examination of the scene
● Fergal Horgan named as referee for All-Ireland hurling final The officials have been named for the 2020 All-Ireland final
● Wage support schemes allowed thousands to return to work, says Donohoe Paschal Donohoe defended the Government’s financial supports during Covid-19.
● Coronavirus map Ireland: which local areas have the most cases? Northern Ireland continues to have a much higher rate of coronavirus infection than the Republic
● Met Éireann issues nationwide warning for gusts up to 100km/h Strong winds are expected with a risk of coastal flooding.
● Manchester United to install 1,500 barrier seats at Old Trafford in early 2021 The Premier League club are hoping to trial safe standing soon.
● In his own words: Arsenal fan John Williamson on his Emirates return Fans were allowed back on Thursday night.
● Neil Lennon determined to take positives from AC Milan defeat Celtic led 2-0 early on at the San Siro.
● UK regulator defends itself after US top doctor criticises vaccine speed Dr Anthony Fauci had said American regulators would do a ‘more thorough job’, but later backed away from his comments.
● Sinn Féin TD deletes social media accounts after tweets controversy Brian Stanley's Twitter and Facebook accounts are no longer visible.