● Shan Masood passes 150 as Pakistan pu... Masood’s last two Test knocks saw him make tons in Karachi and Rawalpindi.
● Man to run 1,000 miles for charity A man is attempting to run 1,000 miles in aid of the British Heart Foundation’s lifesaving research.
● Origi's Liverpool talks and valuation amid Villa transfer links Aston Villa transfers: The Reds' Champions League hero has been linked with a shock move to B6 during the summer window
● Coronavirus warning: Britons urged to 'get out' or risk seeing businesses collapse BRITONS have been urged to "get out" of their homes and support local businesses or risk further job losses by Robert Jenrick.
● Jameela Jamil to deliver lecture at d... The actress and activist said it was a ‘massive and frankly ridiculous’ honour.
● Changing the planning system 'means a living hell for Solihull' Controversial proposals to speed-up housebuilding have come under fire
● BRIGHTON AND HOVE: Co-op seeks licence A new Co-op store faces opposition to its application for an alcohol licence.
● Increase in foster carers in Redcar and Cleveland despite decline nationally SUPPORT from social workers for foster parents has been thanked for an increase in the overall number of carers in Redcar and Cleveland.
● Swimming pools in County Durham to reopen but with new rules SWIMMING pools in County Durham reopen next week, but a trip to the baths will feel a bit different due to coronavirus safety measures.
● Two taken to hospital after attack Two men were sprayed in the face with a substance and one was attacked with a machete during a fight in West Bromwich.
● Why England's planning overhaul has sparked an outcry Newness of ideas questioned and ‘build beautifully’ derided as ideological puffery * How the system will affect housing * Reforms ‘will damage wildlife’ A...
● Paul Mescal discusses appearance in R... The video will be released at 7pm on Thursday.
● 240-million-year-old reptile with gir... Tanystropheus’s neck was 10ft long – three times as long as its torso.
● Weight loss could help decrease risk of serious Covid-19 illness RESIDENTS in North Yorkshire are being urged to decrease their risk of becoming seriously ill from Covid-19 by losing weight.
● Scientists discover how metallic blue... Researchers say the Viburnum tinus fruit uses fat to produce colour, which may, in turn, attract birds.
● Asymptomatic people with coronavirus ... Researchers say people with and without symptoms of Covid-19 carry a similar amount of the virus.
● Two guilty of killing talented athlet... Tashan Daniel was stabbed in the chest at Hillingdon Station, west London.
● Man stabbed and woman 'hit with baseball bat' Emergency services were called to reports of a disorder in Churchill Road, Bentley, on Wednesday, August 5
● Artwork explores Hiroshima and Nagasa... Es Devlin and Machiko Weston hope to bring a new perspective on the 75th anniversary of the Second World War atomic bombings.
● Spain's surge in coronavirus cases puts Bristol holidays in jeopardy The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) currently advises against all non-essential travel to the country
● When is A level results day 2020? Students in England will get their A level and AS level results as planned despite no exams taking place due to the coronavirus pandemic
● When Greater Manchester's lockdown is being reviewed and date it could be lifted The restrictions are due to be reviewed by the government later this month
● Dynamo works with global IT firm to grow North-East health tech cluster A GLOBAL IT and business consultancy firm has partnered with a North-East technology network to help grow the region's health tech expertise.
● Latest weekly Covid-19 rates for loca... The rate in Aberdeen has jumped from 1.7 cases per 100,000 people to 35.9.