● City centre traffic charges approved by two more councils PLANS to charge high-polluting vehicles to drive into Newcastle city centre have moved a step closer after two more councils backed the proposals.
● PA Headline The Foreign Secretary said the refusal to extradite Anne Sacoolas was a ‘denial of justice’.
● Man's body found in children's play park as police investigate unexplained death Forensic officers from Merseyside Police could be seen working inside the play area
● Alerts issued by police after spate of burglaries in Coventry Homes and premises in Earlsdon and Radford are among those targeted - including two in the same street
● 'How painful' - national media verdict on West Brom, Slaven Bilic and FA Cup win West Ham United 0-1 West Bromwich Albion reaction – The Baggies secured their place in round five of the FA Cup after an away win at Premier...
● More than 40 people stopped and searched in Sholing, Thornhill and Weston as police use Section 60 powers TWO knives and an axe were seized during a police stop and search operation in Southampton in which four people were...
● Belfast: Man injured in Short Strand gun attack Police say it is "fortunate that we are not dealing with a fatality" after Short Strand attack.
● PA Headline The TV presenter and chef joked that he is one of the celebrities taking part in ITV’s The Masked Singer.
● 'Worth it' - Aston Villa fans split over latest transfer update Aston Villa transfer news – With less than a week of the January transfer window left, Dean Smith will still be looking for additions to strengthen his side in a...
● Tory neglect of Liverpool Women's Hospital causing 'deterioration' Concerns have been raised over clinical issues resulting from the hospital's isolation from other specialist services
● Man wrongfully arrested given £100k compensation by police Gary Webb was handcuffed and spent a night in a police cell and three nights in prison in 2015.
● Masked Singer fans think they know the identity of octopus performer Three Emmerdale actresses are the most popular guesses as to Masked Singer's identity
● PA Headline The couple have taken their relationship to a new level in recent days, after reportedly splitting in December.
● Fears as missing man seen leaving Sandwell Hospital on crutches and in green pyjamas Police have urged anyone who sees Tison Ensor, 36, to call 999 as they say he is vulnerable
● Four in court over Briton shot dead in Pakistan Jahangir Hussain and his mother were attacked as they left her home in Jhelum, Pakistan.
● Cow & Gate recall jars of baby food over tampering fears Parents with affected batches bought from Tesco are urged to return them to the supermarket
● Man raids Southampton ambulance for drugs and medicine in Craven Street POLICE are hunting a man who raided an ambulance vehicle and stole a stash of drugs and medicine.
● BBC's Marr savages McCluskey over trade unions' Labour leader 'stick-up' BBC'S Andrew Marr lashed out at Len McCluskey after accusing the trade unions of organising a "stitch-up" of the Labour party leadership...
● McDonald's customers 'terrified' after yobs smash up busy store with customers inside One mum said people in the restaurant were left shaken by the incident
● The spooky Yeovil woodland where the devil drives in the dead of night 'Walk by day and not by night, and let the spirits take their flight'
● PA Headline Brexit Secretary Steve Barclay appeared to adopt a softer approach, saying the UK would not diverge “just for the sake of it”.
● Two house fires hit same Burnley street hours apart A STREET has been hit by two house fires in a matter of hours.