● HSE must address ICU bed shortage, consultant warns He said the HSE must deal with the issue instead of telling people "there isn't a problem"
● Applegreen suffers Covid-19 hit as revenue drops Revenue fell by more than a quarter in the first six months of 2020
● FAI set to appoint ex-FA commercial director Jonathan Hill as new CEO Hill expected to replace interim Gary Owens, who withdrew as a permanent candidate for the Abbotstown role
● Hospitality sector being made 'pay for the sins of others' He warned of job losses between 30,000 and 50,000 in Dublin
● Trump heats up culture wars as he appeals to Wisconsin voters The US president has hinged his election campaign on core supporters rather than focusing on winning over a narrow slice of undecided voters.
● Liverpool target Sarr, Alli attracting interest from European giants Watford are demanding a high price from Liverpool for Ismaila Sarr while sharks are circling around Dele Alli.
● IRFU warn existence of professional rugby under 'significant threat' The GAA, IRFU, FAI and Sport Ireland will all appear before the Oireachtas Covid-19 committee today
● Report: Young people 'confused' about consent and 'afraid to say no' when it comes to sex Respondents also noted that many young people did not realise consent is an ongoing process
● Senior NHS officials contact Ireland seeking help for Covid-19 tests Mr Reid was defending Ireland’s testing capacity following a surge in demand for Covid-19 tests in recent weeks.
● Gareth Bale expected in London on Friday to complete Tottenham switch It is reported that Bale will be accompanied on the plane by Real Madrid team-mate Sergio Reguilon.
● US Open day one: Rory McIlroy off to fast start as Justin Thomas takes the lead McIlroy shot an opening round three-under 67 while Thomas carded a five-under 65.
● GPs warn of 'significant Covid-19 incident' after golf outing outbreak 20 people who stayed at a hotel in Tullamore have tested positive for Covid-19