● Several people reportedly injured in US shooting The incident is said to have taken place in Rochester, New York
● Aer Lingus to partially restore staff pay cuts The airline says the increases will be made from the end of the month
● Dominic Raab's bodyguard leaves his gun on plane from US The gun was reportedly found by a cleaner after everyone had left
● Thai protesters hold rally urging democratic reforms As many as 50,000 people are expected to show up for a march seeking democratic reforms.
● Beyonce to appear in United Nations film highlighting impact of Covid-19 The film 'Urgent Solutions for Urgent Times' premiers on Youtube at 2pm
● Roachford: I was constantly reminded my band was all black The pop singer said he had been affected by the Black Lives Matter protests
● TikTok files complaint against Trump administration in attempt to block US ban The US Commerce Department announced the ban on Friday, blocking people in the United States from downloading the app starting September 20th
● US Open day two: Patrick Reed grinds out narrow lead as McIlroy slips back After an opening day in which 21 players broke par, just three defied breezy conditions to do so on Friday
● Over 50,000 Dublin jobs at risk due to restrictions The Restaurants Association of Ireland is looking for the moratorium on mortgage and rent repayments to be extended while businesses are closed
● Jurgen Klopp not worried about keeping players happy after Liverpool sign Thiago Once the £20million new arrival is up to speed he is likely to be one of the first choices for a spot in the middle of the park
● China sends more warplanes as Taiwan honours late president Lee Teng-hui, who died aged 97 in July, led Taiwan’s transition to democracy.
● Over 50,000 Dublin jobs at risk due to restrictions says Restaurants Association The RAI is looking for the moratorium on mortgage and rent repayments to be extended while businesses are closed
● New restrictions come into effect in Dublin Dublin was moved to Level Three of the new Living with Covid-19 plan after a Government announcement on Thursday evening
● Mitch McConnell and Joe Biden clash over quick vote for next US Supreme Court justice The death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg has triggered debate on whether her replacement should be nominated before or after the election.
● Senate to vote on Trump nominee for Ginsburg replacement Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell confirmed the vote would take place, despite this being an election year.
● US Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87 Her death is expected to trigger intense debate over the appointment of her replacement.
● Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87 The veteran judge was the unquestioned leader of the court’s liberal wing.
● Kanye West vows to help Taylor Swift gain control of her master recordings Swift has spoken of her desire to control her music.
● Second wave of coronavirus has arrived in UK, Johnson says Scientists advising the Government say there has been ‘widespread growth’ of the virus across the country.
● League of Ireland: Bohemians charge to win with goal in 81st minute It finished up scoreless at the Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium between Derry City and St Pat's
● The Rock takes drastic action to avoid being late for Black Adam filming The actor took matters into his own hands after a storm knocked his power out.
● Lady Gaga explores mental health struggles in 911 music video She described the short film as ‘the poetry of pain’.
● French Finance Minister tests positive for coronavirus Bruno Le Maire said he had no symptoms and would continue to carry out his duties while quarantined at home
● Gardaí to recommence checkpoints and patrols in Dublin A high level of visibility of gardaí throughout the region is set to recommence from midnight tonight