● Latest weekly Covid-19 rates for loca... The rate in Aberdeen has jumped from 3.1 cases per 100,000 to 42.4.
● Post-Brexit support service welcomed ... Michael Gove visited Northern Ireland as plans for a £355m new system for moving goods into the region were announced.
● Grieving son makes fresh appeal over ... Ann Heron’s murder at her home near Darlington is the only unsolved murder in the county for 70 years.
● Championship urged to follow League O... Clubs in English football’s second tier were spending more on wages than they were earning before the pandemic.
● Cult member jailed over historical ra... Derek Lincoln abused two girls at addresses in Ayrshire, Renfrewshire and Lanarkshire from the ages of nine and 11 in the late 80s and early 90s.
● Kingsley Coman injured as Bayern Muni... Bayern boss Hansi Flick admitted he must now choose between Ivan Perisic and Philippe Coutinho to replace Coman.
● Manchester United decide not to relea... Club say they are aware of challenges faced by young players.
● First responder car broken into Cars including a first responder vehicle have been damaged in Staffordshire in recent days.
● UK woman starts Red Cross fundraiser ... Emma Hokayem’s in-laws live less than a mile from the port where the blast happened on Tuesday.
● Arrest after PCSO attacked A 14-year-old boy has been arrested after a Police Community Support Officer was hit across the head with a rock and a police officer was punched.
● Weekly NI Covid figures reflect drama... The latest figures compiled by Nisra for the week ending July 31 included just one death with coronavirus.
● Apprentices learn saddlery skills A pair of apprentices are set to learn the historic skills involved in the Black Country’s famous leather trade, thanks to a training business.
● E&S Wolves Podcast Episode 170 Nathan Judah and Joe Edwards bring you the latest episode of the Wolves poddy after a nail-biting night at Molineux.
● Arrest after woman and dog hit by car A teenage boy has been arrested after an elderly woman and her dog were mown down by a car in Great Barr.
● High Court rejects VW appeal over emi... Court of Appeal makes landmark ruling on Dieselgate.
● Sending in navy to tackle migrant cro... Defence sources moved to distance themselves from suggestions the Home Secretary could call on the Royal Navy’s support.
● Tips on how to cope in hot weather People are being warned not to be caught out by soaring temperatures.
● Trains plea One of the region's main rail companies has warned people only to use public transport when it is "essential" and "there are no other alternatives".
● Sixties pop star Wayne Fontana dies a... He had hits with Game Of Love and Pamela Pamela.
● Romaine Sawyers hopes rise to Premier... Sawyers returned to West Brom from Brentford last summer.
● League One and League Two clubs vote ... The English Football League announced the caps will be introduced with immediate effect.
● In Pictures: Sun-seekers soak up rays... Sun-worshippers have been warned to avoid crowded beaches.