● Protection officer travelling with Ra... The officer had been travelling with Dominic Raab on a visit to the US.
● Fallon Sherrock blows big lead to los... Fans made their long-awaited return to darts.
● Los Angeles Lakers beat Denver Nugget... LA had been slow starters in their previous two series, but not this time.
● Police urge people to stick to social... The Met Office forecasts a weekend of ‘largely dry, bright and fine’ weather.
● Ivanovic ticks all the boxes Crystal Palace made a late bid to hijack Albion’s move for Branislav Ivanovic, the Express & Star understands.
● It is Nuno, not Jorge, who dictates Wolves transfers The clear message from Wolves’ summer transfer activity is that the management is looking to develop the team beyond the parameters that have characterised their stay in the ...
● Steve Bull: What a start for Wolves What a start to the week it was for Wolves, with Nuno Espirito Santo signing a new contract before a fine win at Sheffield United.
● 65233870 Parts of the region face dipping in and out of local lockdown measures for months unless Ministers sort out Covid testing, Sir Keir Starmer has warned.
● 65220990 Sir Keir Starmer admits he had to bite his tongue at times during the early stages of the coronavirus crisis.
● Music venue lies quiet and owner says he has no idea if it will recover The owner of one of the Midlands’ most popular music venues today revealed he was on the brink of disaster.
● Concerns raised over mask use Phone, wallet, keys and your face covering – while it’s become the new normal for some people, others are continuing to flout the rules.
● On This Day in 2015: Japan pull off b... Japan stunned South Africa 34-32 in their opening match of the tournament in Brighton.
● 65172133 The amount of criminal cash and assets seized by police in West Midlands has risen sharply in the latest five years, new figures show.
● Church warden pleads with vandals A 12th-century church in Staffordshire which had its window smashed last week has been subject to vandalism for the past four years, its warden has revealed.
● 65254634 Two areas of the Black Country will each be receiving almost £2 million in funding to help their local high streets recover from the affects of Covid-19.
● 65236078 Central England Co-op is trialling the use of colleague body cameras as part of its effort to keep staff safe and help drive down crime in stores.
● 65204551 Plans have been unveiled for a £3 million dementia high dependency unit to be built in the grounds of a care home.
● The speeches that shook the world Dan Morris looks at excerpts from history’s most defining quotes
● 65241459 MP Nicola Richards is urging the Government to throw its weight behind the Midland Metro plans so that 'neglected' communities like Great Barr can feel the benefits.
● Heritage tours at historic church Historic St Bartholomew’s Church in Tong is among the visitor attractions taking part in this weekend’s Heritage Open Days programme.
● Degree of caution at university Lecturers at Birmingham City University will teach from behind protective visors and wear personal microphones as campuses reopen.