● Middleton St George man jailed for making threats to kill while brandishing a knife A MAN who flew into a rage and threatened to kill people whilst brandishing a knife has been jailed.
● Rockliffe Hall donates hundreds of toiletries after Darlington Hospital plea A GOLF course and spa forced to close due to coronavirus has donated hundreds of toiletries to a hospital after an appeal to help patients.
● Singer 'Georgio' is viral hit with Covid-19 performance A LIONEL Richie impersonator brought a community together when he serenaded residents during the Covid-19 lockdown.
● North Yorkshire firm shares tips on mitigating COVID-19 business risks A CONSULTANCY firm is offering advice to businesses on how to mitigate uncertainly caused by coronavirus.
● Learning group offers free parent support A NATIONAL award-winning organisation with expertise in inclusive learning and sporting activities is offering free email support to parents and schools in the region who may be...
● Coronavirus: What you need to know this Friday morning, April 3 THE North-East and North Yorkshire has seen the biggest rise in patient deaths, latest figures show.
● PACT House Stanley supports vulnerable individuals through Covid-19 A CHARITY is helping those in the community who are struggling during Covid-19.
● World Day for Parkinson's features Leah A FUNDRAISER who has been promoting the work of Parkinson’s UK after receiving her own diagnosis five years ago is helping support its World Parkinson’s Day campaign.
● In pictures: Northallerton Town from the 2000s With all sport suspended for the time being, we've been back through our archives to look at teams in days gone by.
● Darlington residents show support for bin collectors REFUSE and recycling collectors in Darlington have received messages of support taped to bins as they continue their duties in the face of coronavirus.
● Durham win as Roadchef awards best motorway services and team A MOTORWAY service site in the region has won two industry awards.
● Burglar smashed up fruit machines with hammer to steal cash from Hartlepool pub A BURGLAR caused thousands of pounds worth of damage when he smashed up two slot machines during a pub break-in.
● Middlesbrough firm completes biggest order amid pandemic A FAMILY-run business has managed to complete its biggest ever order of fire safety equipment amid the coronavirus pandemic.
● Violent-ex jailed for breaching protection order less than a week after it was imposed A MAN who contacted his former partner twice within days of being ordered by a court to leave her alone, has been jailed.
● Thousands of people log in to listen to Darlington library's online story time A LIBRARY is hosting a weekly programme of online events to help keep people's love of stories alive during the lockdown.
● Student doctor from Darlington teams up with babysitting app A STUDENT doctor from Darlington has teamed up with a babysitting app to offer free childcare to NHS workers during the coronavirus pandemic.
● Tilly Lockey rekindles her passion for piano playing and has inspiring message from lockdown A GIRL who had to have her hands amputated as a toddler after contracting meningitis has rekindled her passion for playing the piano...
● How vouchers are spreading loss from coronavirus for North-East traders BUSINESSES across the North-East are using vouchers to mitigate the impact of coronavirus.