● Prime Minster in hospital after showing coronavirus symptoms Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been admitted to hospital for tests as his coronavirus symptoms persist, Downing Street has said.
● Coronavirus: What you need to know this Sunday, April 5 THE government repeats its warnings to follow social distancing restrictions as droves of people turned out in parks to sunbathe this weekend.
● Man found injured in Stockton on Friday dies in hospital AN investigation is underway after a man died following an incident in Stockton.
● Car clocked at 132mph as police say: 'We will not tolerate North Yorkshire being used as a race track' POLICE have repeated their warning to motorists to stick to the rules of the road after a drivers in North Yorkshire were...
● Police send walkers 50 miles home from Malham Cove POLICE had to send people away from a North Yorkshire beauty spot after they ignored coronavirus restrictions and drove to the area for a walk.
● Tees Valley Airshow is postponed AVIATION fans face further disappointment after it was announced that the 2020 Tees Valley Airshow due to be held in May is the latest victims of the covid-19 lockdown.
● Jail for axe-wielding man who sparked armed police response AN axe-wielding menace who sparked an armed police response in Hetton-le-Hole has been jailed.
● Around 20 lockdown warnings are issued by police CLEVELAND POLICE have today issued warnings to people making needless journeys.
● Police appeal to key workers to help trace missing man from Middlesbrough Police are appealing to key workers and members of the public out on essential trips to help find a missing man.
● Almost 5m people watch Virtual Grand National Almost five million people tuned in to watch the Virtual Grand National on Saturday afternoon.
● Appeal to key workers: have you seen missing man, last seen in Hartlepool? POLICE are appealing to key workers to help trace a man who has been reported missing.
● Council stops building work at sites including schools COUNCIL bosses have put several construction projects - including school and leisure facility projects- on hold across County Durham in response to the coronavirus...
● Coronavirus: cautionary advice if applying for delay in filing your accounts THE Government in conjunction with Companies House have announced that the filing deadline for company accounts can be extended with prior agreement...
● Entire summer festival programme is cancelled THE summer season of events organised by Harrogate International Festivals has been cancelled.
● Tributes to country and cabaret singer Dixon J Scott who died of Covid-19 COUNTRY music fans across the region are mourning the loss of a talented singer who died after contracting coronavirus.
● Coronavirus: Covid-19 in the North-East, North Yorkshire and the UK Updates on the coronavirus outbreak on Sunday, April 5
● Boro won silverware back in 1890 Some 130 years ago, Boro won the Cleveland Cup, beating Stockton at the Linthorpe Road Ground, Middlesbrough
● Pictures: The days Teessiders were transported on trams AMONG the dusty items we're self isolated with in the Memories attic is a booklet with a filthy front and a badly torn cover, but oh, what treasures lie inside it. It ...
● Wear Referrals to feature in BBC series 'Night Force' A VET centre will be featured in a new television programme which focuses on the nation’s night workers.
● Statue of Neptune stands proud in Hardwick Park, Sedgefield Today's Object of the Week is a statue which stands proud in a County Durham County Park. But what happened to the original?
● Coronavirus volunteers praise Darlington Council on partnership A VOLUNTEER-run network for the isolated and vulnerable has praised a town council for its collaboration in tackling coronavirus.
● The Darlington mound with room for one car was once the base of a 180ft chimney LAST week, we featured in late 1982. We included a picture of a safety valve counterbalance which we believed had been rescued from the wreckage...
● Hair and beauty students at Darlington College donate face masks and sanitisers HAIR and beauty students have come to the aid of their local hospice by donating a host of personal protective equipment (PPE).
● New £100,000 fund available for charities and community organisations in Darlington A NEW fund has been set up to help voluntary and community organisations that provide support to vulnerable people across the borough during...