● NUFC transfer breakthrough confirmed Newcastle United set to broker transfer deal as Rodrigo Vilca will fly to England on Thursday
● Man airlifted to hospital after falling from a cliff in County Durham Emergency services were called to Nose's Point in Seaham after the man was injured when he fell from a cliff at just after 9.30am on Monday
● Mum raises thousands for charity that tried to save daughter killed by tree The Great North Air Ambulance Service has thanked Vikki Henderson as tributes to Gosforth six-year-old Ella flood in
● County Durham care home resident gets birthday surprise from the Queen Catherine Carradus said "I felt like a Queen" when she celebrated her 100th birthday in her care home
● Vilca 'breakthrough and Lazaro exclusive - NUFC evening update All of the latest Newcastle United headlines with updates on Rodrigo Vilca, Valentino Lazaro and more
● Local councils left in dark over tougher North East lockdown Newcastle Council leader Nick Forbes said local authorities have now “demanded clarity” on the tougher restrictions announced by Matt Hancock on Monday afternoon
● Set For Life results: Winning National Lottery numbers for Monday September 28 We'll bring you the winning National Lottery Set For Life numbers for Monday September 28 - live breaking updates and results below
● NUFC Q & A: Chronicle writers answer your questions Newcastle United are still hoping to do some business before next week's transfer deadline and there has been criticism of Sunday's performance
● The Government's statement IN FULL on new North East lockdown rules Tighter restrictions aimed at stopping households mixing come into force across Northumberland, Newcastle, North and South Tyneside, Gateshead, Sunderland and ...
● 'Military Sexual Trauma' suffered by men to be investigated in North East Veterans charity Forward Assist to research the topic following its report last year into female victims of MST which detailed wide ranging sexual abuse
● Driver suffers life-threatening injuries after A1 crash in Northumberland The man was taken to hospital after emergency services were called to the northbound carriageway at Stannington on Monday afternoon
● Premier League rumours: Newcastle bid for wonderkid, Man Utd launch £120m swoop The latest Premier League gossip from Newcastle United and further afield
● Body found in search for missing 85-year-old Neil Cowking in Northumberland Officers have confirmed that a body has been found in the search for the pensioner two miles west of Ingram in the Breamish Valley
● Referee had 'no choice' but to award NUFC penalty for handball Peter Bankes has attracted criticism for his decision to award the penalty for Newcastle United
● The real-life 'body in a suitcase' murder behind ITV drama Honour With a cast led by Bodyguard actress Keeley Hawes, new drama Honour makes its debut on ITV this week
● Matt Hancock tightens North East ban on households mixing The Health Secretary told the House of Commons on Monday afternoon that there will be "legal restrictions on indoor mixing between households in any setting"
● NUFC make breakthrough and set to sign South American wonderkid Newcastle United make breakthrough as they track promising under-23 midfielder
● 'Catastrophic' lockdown warning over North East Covid spike Newcastle City Council has upped its Covid-19 alert system to the highest possible level, as case numbers continue to rise across the region
● North East lockdown LIVE: Local restrictions to tighten further North East local lockdown restrictions to tighten - measures which came into force in Newcastle, Gateshead, South Tyneside, North Tyneside, Sunderland, County...
● Teens set up a catalogue for struggling families to swap toys in lockdown Faisal Mumtaz and Mohammed Oukasha, of Fenham, have set up a Community Catalogue providing families in the West End a chance to swap toys, games and...
● Steve Bruce must chance his Newcastle tactics to get the best out of Shelvey The midfielder has been forced to sit deep so far this season and offer a protection to the defensive rearguard
● SAFC stats - the under-the-radar performers Thje Black Cats maintained their unbeaten start to their season with an important 1-0 win over Peterborough United
● Woman born with hole in heart helps children in hospital celebrate Christmas Calli Tully, from Dudley, North Tyneside, had emergency open heart surgery at the Freeman Hospital in 2014 , aged 17
● Will North East miners convicted of crimes during year long strike be pardoned? North East MP says moves in Scotland to quash convictions for crimes committed during picketing should be repeated in England