● Pep Guardiola warns Man City players over injury crisis Manchester City have had an awful pre-season but the manager is not having any excuses
● Police issue dispersal order in part of Wigan a week after 'large event' It means people can be moved on from the area for 24 hours
● More than 30,000 days lost to Covid-related sickness at hospitals, data shows Between March and May, one in 10 days off due to sickness was Covid-19-related
● Household infections responsible for almost all of Manchester's new Covid cases Clusters have also been reported in northern and central parts of the city
● Manchester United U23s vs Liverpool LIVE Follow the latest updates from Leigh Sports Village as Neil Wood's Man Utd youngsters take on their rivals on Friday night.
● Man fighting for life in hospital after being found with serious injuries Officers are trying to establish out how he came by his injuries
● Blackpool will have extra coronavirus restrictions - these are the new rules The restrictions have been imposed after coronavirus cases began to rise
● Family-run brewery closes down its bar due to new Covid-19 restrictions "We can no longer have a chat with you at the bar, we can no longer find time to show you the brewery or have a game of darts with you, we can no...
● Drugs arrests at Manchester Piccadilly under 'county lines' police operation Cocaine was seized during both arrests, British Transport Police said
● Kyle Walker sends Man City transfer window message Manchester City have brought in two players this summer but more are expected as Pep Guardiola's squad aim to chase down Liverpool
● Pogba and Van de Beek start - Man United predicted line up vs Brighton The expected Man United team news as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer takes his side to the Amex Stadium for a big Premier League fixture.
● Police issue fresh warning to students after breaking up illegal party A police chief has urged students in Manchester to consider the potential impact on their loved ones by attending such events
● Salford complete deadline-day deals for former Widnes pair The two players will be available to Ian Watson for the remainder of the 2020 campaign
● Local lockdowns 'not enough' to tackle rising cases, council leader warns Despite Oldham having been placed under stricter restrictions since early August cases are spiking once again
● Three men charged after Oldham 'disturbance' which left police officers injured The emergency workers suffered minor injuries
● Inquest opens into the death of 'beautiful, cheeky and generous' 23-year-old A GoFundMe page has also been set up to try and get a permanent memorial to Jack Kelly in his adopted home of Manchester
● Latest R number in the UK shows coronavirus 'increasing across the country' Sage scientists have estimated the value has risen from 1.1 to 1.4 in the previous week
● ADVERTORIAL: Live in luxury at boutique waterside apartments in the heart of Manchester The spacious one, two and three bed apartments and penthouses at Castle Wharf feature deluxe amenities including concierge, gymnasium and...
● Bolton boss gives injury update on Sarcevic and Miller Both players were absent from the Wanderers squad which lost against Colchester United last weekend in League Two
● Everything Ian Evatt said on Bolton transfers, facing Newport, and early form The Trotters take on the Exiles in League Two and this is what the Wanderers boss had to say ahead of the encounter
● Andy Burnham accuses government of "levelling down" the north 'The north of England without support is being levelled down' Mr Burnham claims
● UK records new highest number of daily coronavirus cases since pandemic began Experts have previously warned that describing the daily figure as a record could be “misleading” as it is not clear how many people were actually...
● 19 people arrested on suspicion of drug offences in 'cuckooing' crackdown Cheshire Police engaged with 24 vulnerable adults or children who may have been exploited by organised crime gangs
● High school with 20 confirmed Covid cases closes for deep clean Every year group has been kept at home after a further increase in cases