● Internal Google document reveals campaign against EU lawmakers Report outlines strategy intended to weaken support for new rules curbing big tech’s power
● Boeing: military complex The aviation group’s defence business are helping to offset its troubles in the commercial aircraft sector
● US SEC opens door to more leveraged ETFs Pre-clearance requirement removed for exchange traded funds using up to two times leverage
● DAA warns of confusion on airport Covid tests Rapid virus screening needed to end travel deadlock, airports say
● Scottish airport of the year named Glasgow Airport was today named Airport of the Year at the Scottish Transport Awards for the second consecutive year.
● CEO Dorsey says Twitter lacks power to influence elections Social media executives come under fire over alleged bias as US presidential poll looms
● Shakira and Kelly Ripa Love AKT Fitness. But Can It Come to a Studio Near You? Anna Kaiser, the founder of AKT, sold her brand to Xponential Fitness before the pandemic. Now she wants it back.
● Could Tax Relief on Pension Contributions be under Review? Sponsored Content by Kerry Chaloner, Financial Planning Consultant at Armstrong Watson LLP.
● Best electric flossers for 2020 A thorough clean and super fresh breath. We've founded the top electric flossers worth adding to your everyday oral care routine
● A Biden Win Could Renew a Democratic Split on Trade Democrats have been unified by their desire to oust President Trump. But if that happens, deep divisions on the issue of trade are likely to reappear.
● Boss opens new cafe and seafood restaurant Marcus Pearcey, who recently banned a WI member from his Oak Bar and Terrace, Thorpe St Andrew, over a row with a burger has taken over the former East Hills cafe in Brundall Marina.
● Amazon offering up to 60% off designer fragrances in early Black Friday sale Amazon customers can find deals on the likes of Paco Rabanne, Tom Ford, D&G and Hugo Boss
● West End landlord Grosvenor fashions stake in Roland Mouret One of London’s most prominent commercial landlords is in talks to take a stake in Roland Mouret, the British-based fashion designer, as part of an innovative move to ...
● Stock markets sink amid alarm at Covid surge Financial markets in the US and Europe fall as concerns rise about the coronavirus impact on economic growth.
● What is Section 230? Legal Shield for Websites is Targeted by Lawmakers Section 230, from a 1996 federal law, was meant to protect young internet companies from liability. Lawmakers have threatened to change it.
● Bugatti releases bonkers Bolide hypercar The track-only model has been named the Bolide - which Bugatti says is French for 'racing car', though also [worryingly] translates to 'fireball' in Italian - and is...
● GSK warns Covid-19 will dent full-year earnings Vaccines unit takes a hit as patients stay away from surgeries
● Sharp decline in global FDI flows raises concerns in Ireland Figures show foreign direct investment down 49% with the outlook remaining uncertain
● Next: on message The high street fashion chain is dialling back on the pessimism but only marginally
● PIP: Are you eligible for a Christmas bonus? PERSONAL INDEPENDENCE PAYMENT provides much-needed funds for those affected by long-term disabilities and health conditions. But are PIP recipients eligible for a Christmas Bonus?
● GSK reassures on profits as standard vaccination levels recover UK group says treatments for diseases other than Covid-19 have picked up after lockdown disruption
● Knock Airport to close for one month as Ryanair suspends flights A statement by the airport confirmed it will close on November 14th and reopen on December 13th.
● Apple hit with antitrust complaint in France over privacy controls Coalition of trade groups opposes tech company’s plan to restrict trackers used for mobile advertising
● Callaway/Topgolf: no laying up It is a big bet on the idea the industry’s past trends will resume their trajectory in a year or two