● What is Section 230? Legal Shield for Websites is Targeted by Lawmakers Section 230, from a 1996 federal law, was meant to protect young internet companies from liability. Lawmakers have threatened to change it.
● Bugatti releases bonkers Bolide hypercar The track-only model has been named the Bolide - which Bugatti says is French for 'racing car', though also [worryingly] translates to 'fireball' in Italian - and is...
● GSK warns Covid-19 will dent full-year earnings Vaccines unit takes a hit as patients stay away from surgeries
● Sharp decline in global FDI flows raises concerns in Ireland Figures show foreign direct investment down 49% with the outlook remaining uncertain
● Next: on message The high street fashion chain is dialling back on the pessimism but only marginally
● PIP: Are you eligible for a Christmas bonus? PERSONAL INDEPENDENCE PAYMENT provides much-needed funds for those affected by long-term disabilities and health conditions. But are PIP recipients eligible for a Christmas Bonus?
● GSK reassures on profits as standard vaccination levels recover UK group says treatments for diseases other than Covid-19 have picked up after lockdown disruption
● Knock Airport to close for one month as Ryanair suspends flights A statement by the airport confirmed it will close on November 14th and reopen on December 13th.
● Apple hit with antitrust complaint in France over privacy controls Coalition of trade groups opposes tech company’s plan to restrict trackers used for mobile advertising
● Callaway/Topgolf: no laying up It is a big bet on the idea the industry’s past trends will resume their trajectory in a year or two
● Lex Midweek Letter: tech crunch What to expect as Apple, Amazon, Alphabet and Facebook prepare to report quarterly earnings
● Deutsche Bank: extinction rebellion Third-quarter revenues increased 43% but the difficulty is in repeating the performance
● Glasgow Science Centre launches countdown to COP26 Launching earlier this week, Our World, Our Impact focuses on the big and little things everyone can do to help Scotland combat the effects of climate change.
● Apple is 'building own search engine to rival Google', reports suggest Apple may be increasing efforts to build a search engine, reports have claimed.
● Target to power 8m homes using offshore wind by 2030 The Scottish Government's commitment to have 11 gigawatts of energy produced through offshore wind has been hailed as a "pivotal moment".
● Farmers told to prepare a Covid-19 contingency plan Farmers are being urged to have a contingency plan in place this winter to ensure their stock is cared for if they or their staff become unwell with coronavirus.
● Sony: angels and demons Japanese electronics group has hurdles to overcome, but is likely to keep growth ticking up
● UK farmers warn time running out to find labour for 2021 harvest Growers want clarity from ministers over seasonal worker scheme after end of EU free movement
● Drug-maker GSK slips as vaccinations rates fall Rates up over last quarter but down year-on-year, particularly impacting its blockbuster shingles vaccine.
● Irish Covid tracing app now works with Scottish and Jersey ones Contact tracing app developed by NearForm is among most successful in the world
● GSK and Sanofi make global Covid vaccine supply deal The companies are to supply 200 million doses of Covid vaccine to a global scheme.
● Boeing warns of 30,000 job cuts after another quarter of heavy losses US firms posts $925m loss as it struggles with pandemic and grounding of 737 Max plane * Coronavirus – latest updates * See all our coronavirus coverage...
● Boeing makes deeper job cuts as aircraft business slows Boeing lost €413 million in the third quarter
● Fiat Chrysler posts record profit ahead of Peugeot merger The Italian-American car maker is finalising a full merger with its French rival.