● Irish banker was tapped to head Deutsche board US shareholder Cerberus floated Morgan Stanley veteran Colm Kelleher’s name in effort to oust Achleitner
● Pandemic cash: after vaccination, appropriation For companies that received government support, M&A might be easier to justify than dividends
● Morrisons launch Christmas dinner box for two containing everything for just £20 Perfect for those selfisolating or unable to get to the supermarkets, Morrisons has created a box which costs just £18.36
● Ryanair orders 75 more Boeing 737 Max planes The Irish airline's deal is a boost for the Max, which was grounded after two deadly crashes.
● Co-op faces member disquiet over £70m business rates relief The Co-op Group, Britain's biggest mutual, is facing disquiet from members after refusing to commit to emulating rival grocery retailers and returning tens of...
● Office property/Entra: immunised against low bids Time is on the Norwegian company’s side in securing a higher valuation
● Web Summit to hold second event in Japan in 2022 Occasion is a partnership between it, the ministry of economy and Tokyo metropolitan government.
● Make Christmas sparkle with The Best Melt in the Middle Chocolate & Orange Pudding CHRISTMAS is the time to indulge, and a luxurious pudding is something we look forward to all year round. If you’re not a fan of the...
● Longtime Board Chairman Steps Down at Apollo Theater Richard D. Parsons, the former Time Warner chief executive who led the Harlem nonprofit’s board for 19 years, will be succeeded by Charles Phillips.
● Millions to get pay boost next year as personal allowance rises MILLIONS of workers will get a pay boost next year as the personal allowance rises from £12,500 to £12,570 in April. The personal allowance is the amount you can...
● Shoppers told Arcadia gift cards can only be used for up to half the value of purchases Shoppers with gift cards for Arcadia stores have been told they can only use them to pay for up to 50% of their purchases.
● Home Bargains sell discounted Disney's Frozen range of homeware from £1.99 Just in time for Christmas and the cold weather, Home Bargains have slashed the price of Frozen homeware to less than £2
● Are electric cars really too expensive? There are two perceived problems with electric cars: they take too long to charge compared to how far they can go and they cost too much money. Is that really true?
● Christmas road traffic predicted to half in 2020 The motoring group, which measures traffic levels and predicts journeys over the festive season, polled 16,000 motorists and found that far fewer intend to drive this year,...
● Viatel makes second acquisition with deal to buy Irish Telecom Paradyn sells off managed connectivity company founded eleven years ago
● Work completes on £8m Mossdale Residence in Burnholme A LUXURY £8m new care scheme on the site of a former York school is closer to its launch date.
● UK services activity better than expected, despite new Covid curbs November’s lockdown resulted in a smaller blow to the economy than initial estimates suggested
● Flutter to lift FanDuel stake to 95% in $4bn deal Gambling group behind Paddy Power to raise £1bn to help buy 37% share of US fantasy sports company
● AJ Bell benefits as younger traders flock to markets Record rise in clients helps UK investment platform to increase profits by 29 per cent
● AJ Bell investors see charges rise as Sipp exit fees are scrapped DIY investing platform AJ Bell has unveiled sweeping changes to its fees and charges for pension and investment customers, to be introduced from 1 January.
● Bet on the geeks to boost the economy Paradoxically, falling productivity in research strengthens the case for increasing spending on it
● Now northern business chiefs warn: tourist tax will hit us hard too Business chiefs in the north of England and Scotland today warned Rishi Sunak ’s tourist tax on non-EU visitors would have “major ramifications” for localjobs ...
● Asda to hand £340million of tax Covid-19 relief back - Waitrose refuses Between them supermarkets have now said they're handing back almost £1.75billion in tax relief - as Asda joins Tesco, Morrions, Sainsbury's and...
● Up to 30 Million in U.S. Have the Skills to Earn 70% More, Researchers Say The findings point to the potential of upward mobility for people without a college degree.