● Ten Questions for a Female Chess Grandmaster Is the world of chess really sexist? Why are the Russians so good?
● Warner Bros Will Release All Its 2021 Films On a Streaming Platform Here's what this unprecedented move means for the cinema industry.
● I Bought a Knife Subscription Box From an Instagram Ad and It Was Alarmingly Easy Due to a loophole in UK law, I didn't even have to provide any ID. Knife crime charities say they're horrified at the how easy it is for ...
● Watch: The UK Drill Studio Under a South London Takeaway Spot 'Please Take Off Your Hoodies' tells the story of London via Tweeko, who owns the recording studio underneath Cummin' Up in New Cross.
● We Asked Men Who Make Their Car Engines Really Loud: Why? Turns out they get just as annoyed by deafening engines as you do.
● Why Every Social Media Platform Is Blending Into One Big Mush Fleets, Stories, Reels – who can even be bothered to keep up?
● Asylum Seekers Face Mental Health Crisis as NGOs Refuse to Sign Gagging Clause NGOs have withdrawn from a migrant detention centre after they were asked to sign no. Now they fear for the asylum seekers still inside.
● Photos of the 'Substantial Meals' Being Served in Tier 2 Pubs Under Tier 2 restrictions, pubs can remain open as long as they're serving substantial meals. What exactly that means is anyone's guess.
● Squatters Grapple With Aggressive Evictions by 'Bored' Cops During Pandemic Life has been tough for London's squatters in the COVID era. But they are working together to protect the most vulnerable members of their...
● Politicians Are Lining Up to Be Vaccinated Live on Television Health Secretary Matt Hancock could be joined by Boris Johnson, Nicola Sturgeon and a bunch of former US Presidents.
● If You're in Tier 2 Lockdown, There's Some Good News for Your Local Pub Your local doesn't serve "substantial meals"? No worries – get on the phone to Deliveroo.
● The Worst Injuries I Got Working as a Professional Chef Someone almost lost a finger for your lamb chops.
● What Your Favourite Christmas Film Says About You If you're going out of your way to watch 'Home Alone' as a childless adult, you need to have a word with yourself.
● Photos of Christmas Shoppers the First Day Out of Lockdown London didn't look like it usually does this time of year.
● Cannabis Is Officially a Medicine, Following Historic UN Vote The vote to remove cannabis from Schedule IV of the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs is set to spark a rise in research and medical access.
● What It's Like Running a Hotel Without Any Guests I spent the night in one of London’s budget hotels, to see how they're coping after two national lockdowns and a year of restrictions.
● Woman Arrested on Suspicion of Imprisoning Her Son in Their Home for 28 Years The man, now in his early forties, had not been seen since he was 12. He was reportedly undernourished, covered in sores and had few teeth remaining ...
● 'Chicken' Grown in a Lab to Be Sold for the First Time Singapore has made history by approving the sale of meat made feom chicken cells grown in bioreactors.
● Coronavirus Vaccine Approved for Use in the UK from Next Week Health Secretary Matt Hancock has offered to have it administered live on television to prove that it's safe.
● UK Twitter Reaction Pics, Ranked By Effectiveness From "Daisy May Cooper changing the channel" to "Gail Platt screaming."