● Rise in sales for B&Q owner Kingfisher THE owner of Hampshire-based DIY giant B&Q has started the second half of the year “with a bang”, analysts have said.
● Southampton sees increase in Covid-19 infection rate SOUTHAMPTON has seen an increase in its Covid-19 infection rate.
● Johnson calls for 'spirit of togetherness' The country faces an "unquestionably difficult" winter, Boris Johnson warned after announcing coronavirus restrictions which could last six months.
● Police break up Southsea house party attended by more than 40 revellers POLICE dispersed more than 40 people who flouted new Covid-19 rules by flocking to a house party.
● Havant dangerous driver handed six-month jail term A Hampshire man has been jailed following a crash which left three people injured.
● COVID-19: Data estimates doubling of new cases in Southampton NEW data suggests that weekly Covid-19 cases in Southampton may more than double over next few weeks.
● Three arrested after police pull over car and moped in Southampton THREE people have been arrested on suspicion of drugs offences after police pulled over a car and moped.
● Romsey children's charity shop searches for owner of donated ashes STAFF at a charity shop are trying to track down the owner of a box of ashes which may have accidentally been donated two months ago.
● Hampshire police hunt man after Southsea burglary POLICE are searching for a man after a stolen bank card was used in Southampton.
● Fred Olsen launches eight new routes including departures from Portsmouth A CRUISE company has today launched eight new routes for its ship including departures from Portsmouth.
● Boris Johnson announces new coronavirus restrictions PRIME MINISTER Johnson has announced a range of new measures to combat the rapid rise in coronavirus cases in the UK.
● Student tests positive for coronavirus at Cantell School STUDENTS have been sent home from school after a child tested positive for coronavirus at a Southampton school.
● Romsey School in Hampshire confirms second case of coronavirus A HAMPSHIRE school has confirmed that another student has tested positive for coronavirus.
● JCB Digger destroyed in early morning blaze in Southampton A JCB digger has been destroyed in an early morning blaze.
● Coastguards called after jet ski breaks down near Barton-on Sea COASTGUARDS were called after a jet ski broke down near Barton-on-Sea.
● Premier Inn owner Whitbread to axe up to 6,000 jobs Up to 6,000 jobs are being axed at Premier Inn owner Whitbread as the group warned the coronavirus crisis will continue to hammer demand.
● Late-night raids in Totton drug dealing crackdown POLICE have swooped on two homes in a crackdown on drug dealing.
● Southampton motorists warned of emergency roadworks MOTORISTS are being warned of delays due to emergency road works in Southampton.
● England curfew: 'All pubs and restaurants must close at 10pm' - PM to announce Pubs, bars and restaurants across England will be forced to close by 10pm from this Thursday, September, 24 - Boris Johnson is set to announce.
● Passenger numbers drop by more than 715k at Southampton Airport PASSENGER numbers have plunged by more than 715,000 people at Southampton Airport in just six months.
● IN THE COURTS: 18 people who have appeared at Southampton Magistrates' Court The following cases were heard at Southampton Magistrates’ Court...
● Brothers charged after former Southampton man killed in crash TWO brothers have been charged with causing death by dangerous driving following a crash that killed a former Southampton man.
● Police patrolling areas outside schools in Fair Oak POLICE have been forced to start patrolling areas outside several schools after “inconsiderate” parking has forced children into busy traffic.
● New parking charges in Eastleigh to help lockdown recovery NEW parking charges are being introduced in a Hampshire town to entice more people to shop locally.