● Trio of controversial Skelmersdale dust silos set to stay A trio of controversial silos will remain in place at a hazardous waste tip in Skelmersdale after councillors were told that the facility operated better with them than ...
● Blackburn Rovers youngster set to join Ross County on loan Joe Hilton is set to join Ross County on loan for the remainder of the season.
● Uncle downed beer and vodka then trashed niece's washing machine A MAN who turned up at his niece's house with a case of beer and a bottle of vodka, left but returned later having drunk it all.
● Judging Boro's season is down to expectation, says Mowbray A Middlesrbough legend, Tony Mowbray says assessing his boyhood club’s season so far comes down to expectation.
● Lockdown to continue until February 15 (at least) Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the Government is not considering easing lockdown measures in England until at least February 15.
● One man and his brazier kept trains running in Blackburn Sometimes the simple solutions are the best. In the depths of winter in the Fifties it was time to get the brazier out at Blackburn station to prevent the water towers...
● BBC Radio: Laura sings for Tom Jones and judges on The Voice A SINGER has given ‘the performance of a lifetime’ on ITV's The Voice UK.
● JAILED: Thug assaulted three police officers after breaking restraining order A MAN who lashed out at police officers who went to arrest him for breaching a restraining order has been jailed.
● Joe McArdle column: We Lancastrians just aren't great at doing 'nowt' I’ve had a lot of realisations during this pandemic.
● Firefighters help at mass vaccination hub in vaccine delivery FIREFIGHTERS have been assisting at Blackburn Cathedral mass vaccination hub.
● Man banned from seeing woman gave police false name when caught red-handed A MAN who was subject to a non-molestation order gave police a false name when they saw him in the company of the female the order was meant to protect.
● Rovers midfielder shunned loan offers to fight for his place Jacob Davenport believes he’s been ready for his first-team opportunity for 18 months but hopes now is his time to flourish in the Rovers midfield.
● EG Group: Blackburn's Issa Brothers partner with software giant PDI to build on US expansion EG GROUP, owned by Blackburn's billionaire Issa Brothers, has built on its American expansion with a newly announced partnership...
● PPC Protect: Chorley firm aims to create 20 new jobs with Fuel Ventures financing A CHORLEY company plans to bring 20 new jobs to the region with an ambition to become the borough's first 'tech unicorn.'
● Six ways to stop burnout as working from home set to become 'new norm' for many As much as some of us might miss the office, it’s definitely time to accept that working from home isn’t going anywhere.
● Check out this luxurious house in Mellor, Ribble Valley ROLLING parkland views and beautiful grounds are on offer at this secluded property in Mellor, Ribble Valley.
● Every new coronavirus case in Burnley and the nine areas where infections are falling Coronavirus infection rates are decreasing in nine out of the 12 areas of Burnley and increasing in just three.
● New NHS vaccination services set to open in Lancashire and South Cumbria NEW vaccination centres at are set to go live this week, along with additional community pharmacy sites.
● Burnley man who broke 15-week-old baby's legs in 'isolated incident' avoids jail sentence A 35-year-old man has avoided a lengthy jail sentence after breaking a baby's legs in two places.
● Top 5 most expensive places to live in Blackburn area WE LOVE Blackburn and surrounding areas and it is the perfect place to settle for those looking for a delicate balance between commuting to work and countryside life - but...
● Thirteen fined £2,600 after throwing house party THIRTEEN people who threw a house party have been fined £200 each.
● One casualty treated after kitchen fire A KITCHEN fire broke out today with one casualty being treated at the scene.
● No deaths reported in East Lancashire hospitals today NO DEATHS have been recorded by East Lancashire Hospital Trust today.
● Fisher lands new deal at League One side after Rovers exit Andrew Fisher has seen his performance at MK Dons rewarded with a new long-term deal.
● Serious crash on M6 closes all lanes in both directions A SERIOUS crash has closed part of the M6 in both directons for at least four hours.
● All East Lancs boroughs report drop in infection rates INFECTION rates have dropped in all six East Lancashire boroughs - with five boroughs recording significant drops.
● WEATHER: Snow causes travel delays and accidents in Lancashire SNOW hit parts of East Lancashire again this morning, causing travel delays along the way.
● Pupils' poems feature in Holocaust Memorial Day ceremony SECONDARY school pupils are set to take part in an online ceremony to mark Holocaust Memorial Day.
● Keeper set for loan move as Rovers make Magloire decision Tyler Magloire is back training with the Rovers first-team and is expected to remain at Ewood Park for the remainder of the season.
● Police appeal for missing Burnley 15-year-old POLICE are appealing for information on a missing 15-year-old.
● NHS staff and care workers who have died during the Covid-19 pandemic The figure is likely to be higher than those identified in the list as the country endures a third national lockdown.
● Boro boss Warnock issues play-off race advice to Rovers Neil Warnock feels Rovers head into the second half of the season with very little pressure on their shoulders in a pursuit of a top six finish.