● "I did not murder Lindsay Birbeck" - teenager accused of killing teacher interviewed 11 times over three days The teenager accused of murdering a mum-of-two and burying her body in a shallow grave in Accrington...
● Lindsay Birbeck murder retrial: Teacher tells jury 'I thought someone had asked him to move the bin' A teenager accused of murdering a 47-year-old mother-of-two was ‘vulnerable and open to exploitation’, his teachers told a...
● 48-hour dispersal order to stop teenagers partying in wooded area in Colne POLICE have imposed a 48-hour dispersal order to crackdown on anti-social behaviour and teenagers taking part in a party in Colne.
● Public warned about 'irresponsible venues' ahead of warmer weather People have been warned to avoid any venues breaking lockdown rules ahead of a weekend that could see temperatures rise across the UK.
● Mother and Child statue removed from Blackburn's Lord Square ONE Of Blackburn’s town centre landmarks gets taken into storage as major regeneration work got underway in 2007.
● Second coronavirus death in East Lancashire in days - after weeks without a fatality One new coronavirus death has been recorded at East Lancashire Hospitals Trust in the past 24 hours, the latest official figures show.
● Man to appear in court after Blackburn town centre assault A MAN is to appear in court following an alleged incident outside a pub on the first day lockdown was lifted.
● These are the areas officers have been conducting speed checks SEVERAL areas have been the target of a speed awareness operation over the last several days.
● Demand for GP appointments bounces back after coronavirus lull Demand at GP surgeries in Blackburn with Darwen jumped in June, figures show, with activity returning to pre-coronavirus levels.
● Body pulled from Blackburn canal thought to be local man A BODY which was found in a stretch of canal in Blackburn is thought to be that of a local man in his 50s.
● Teen arrested after stabbing in Blackburn home AN 18-YEAR-OLD has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a stabbing.
● Clark savours Stanley memories after Championship switch JORDAN Clark says he leaves Stanley will some unbelievable memories after sealing a move to Championship side Luton Town.
● TK Maxx and Poundland raider found with £50 of Lynx deodorant A MAN who had “turned his life around” blotted his copybook when he had a problem with his benefits.
● Those with mild coronavirus symptoms urged to participate in sniffer dog trial People with mild coronavirus symptoms in the North West are being encouraged to participate in a trial which aims to see whether dogs can sniff out ...
● Preston could be the next area to face lockdown restrictions Preston could be the next area to face Government intervention after a rise in coronavirus rates, the city council's chief executive said.
● Lindsay Birbeck murder retrial - updates as case for prosecution draws to a close A murder retrial into the death of Lindsay Birbeck, whose body was found in Accrington Cemetery in August last year, continues at Preston Crown...
● Blackburn man, 23, arrested as crack cocaine and heroin discovered in home A 23-year-old man will appear in court after he was arrested and charged with possession and intent to supply hard drugs.
● Police called ELEVEN times as teenagers party in woods ELEVEN calls were made to police dispatchers over the weekend after a large group of youths held a party in some woods close to several family homes.
● 'Not an accident' - Mowbray's keep ball plan for Rovers Rovers may not have made the strides up the Championship table they would have hoped for in the final nine games, but there was one set of standings where they did make a ...
● Charity champions! A round-up of East Lancs fundraisers making a difference HERE'S this week's charity champions.
● Travelodge: Burnley branch to reopen with extra health and safety measures TRAVELODGE’S Burnley and Preston branches have reopened this week as the company accelerates its post lockdown reopening programme.
● Second council to set up track and trace system A WEST Yorkshire council which covers one of the areas subject to the reintroduced lockdown restrictions has said it is setting up a local contact-tracing service.
● Gang of 16 jailed for almost 80 years for drug supply Sixteen members of an organised crime group have been jailed for nearly 80 years between them for supplying drugs in Blackpool and exploiting children.
● Every coronavirus case across Lancashire - as Blackburn confirms 22 new cases THE number of recorded coronavirus cases in Lancashire increased by 62 over the last 24 hours, official figures show.