● Burglar who guzzled beer at break-in left evidence at crime scene A THIRSTY burglar downed a can of Foster’s after breaking into a woman’s flat – but left the empty tin at the scene.
● Students' Christmas cards spread community cheer STUDENTS at Richmond School and Sixth Form College have pooled their artistic talents to create a collection of Christmas designs which will be shared with the local community...
● Nike supports new business idea for 'sneaker shelves' A NEW business will let sneaker lovers display their exclusive collections.
● Weather warning for snow issued in parts of North-East and Yorkshire A YELLOW weather warning for some parts of the North-East and North Yorkshire has been issued.
● Hippodrome staff do their bit for St Teresa's Hospice STAFF from one much-loved Darlington institution are helping out another in the town this weekend.
● NHS warns facilities for Leyburn area are 'over capacity' MAJOR concerns have been raised over healthcare provision in a rural area after the NHS revealed its facilities were operating “above optimum capacity” and could not...
● 100k people pledge to help Hartlepool kids in need as donation website snowballs A NORTH-EAST shopping centre has taken its giving tree online after lockdown meant customers could not help children in need - but it soon gained ...
● Ingleby Barwick car park issue ignites 'toxic' row A “TOXIC” row over the use of a new car park has seen accusations of bullying, intimidation and threats of conduct complaints being sent to council chiefs.
● Richmond woodland to mark historic milestone AN open access woodland to celebrate the 950th anniversary of Richmond Castle looks set to trigger numerous similar schemes as communities seek to increase opportunities to connect...
● Steven Clark: Police identify author of letter sent to detectives in 1999 THE author of a anonymous letter at the centre of a murder investigation has been identified by police.
● Bowes Museum's Christmas market to go ahead THE Bowes Museum will host its annual Christmas Market next week, despite the venue itself being closed due to Tier 3 coronavirus restrictions.
● A new DIY shop is opening in Peterlee - and bringing jobs A NEW DIY store is set to open its doors in Peterlee next week - bringing jobs to the region.
● Darlington burglar caught red-handed by doorbell camera A PLIER-WIELDING buglar has been jailed after being caught red-handed by a doorbell camera.
● Police issue further appeal for missing Ahmed Mukhtar POLICE investigating the disappearance of a teenager have made a further appeal to drivers who may have seen him.
● Premier League and EFL agree rescue package The Premier League and the EFL have agreed a rescue package to protect lower-league clubs from going under amid the coronavirus pandemic.
● New equipment bought for Friarage Hospital thanks to Friends' donations CUTTING edge medical equipment has been presented to the Friarage Hospital thanks to the efforts of a dedicated group of fundraisers.
● Pool, cinema, bar: Inside the North-East's most viewed property on Rightmove A GORGEOUS mansion with en-suite jacuzzis, a pool and cinema room has topped the list of most viewed properties in the North-East.
● Only one North-East hospital named in first roll-out of Covid vaccine ONLY one hospital in the North-East has been named among 50 across the UK as a vaccination "hub" in the first phase of the Covid jab roll-out.
● Darlington girl raises £300 for sick grandad A 12 YEAR-OLD Darlington girl has been raising money to help her sick grandad by making Christmas treats.
● Knuckledusters, stun guns and flick knives among weapons in North-East homes POLICE are warning online shoppers they face prosecution when buying stun guns and flick knives.
● Durham County Council abandons meeting after technical issues Durham County Council was forced to abandon and rearrange a major meeting this week due to “technical issues.”
● Have your say on Darlington Northern Link Road plan - when and how A SERIES question and answer sessions about the Darlington Northern Link Road is taking place next week, allowing residents to have their say on plans.
● Victim, 79, died in hospital 16 days after road accident A MOTORIST who admitted causing the death of an elderly pedestrian she collided with, while he was crossing a road, has escaped a prison sentence.
● Watch incredible scenes as ENORMOUS queues form at Primark Metrocentre last night THIS was the scene outside Primark in the Metrocentre last night as the store stayed open throughout the night.