● York Conferences York conferences offer a portfolio of venues to make sure your event runs as smoothly as possible.
● Police appeal after man's death in York POLICE have launched an appeal to find the family members of a man who died last month.
● Indian superstar Ravi Ashwin targets 'longer stint' at Yorkshire RAVI ASHWIN’S arrival at Yorkshire this year comes with a relatively short-term deal, although the India spin legend admits he will land at Emerald Headingley...
● RUGBY UNION: York RUFC remain at the top after defeating Malton & Norton YORK RUFC remain at the top of North One East table after recording a 40-17 derby victory at Malton & Norton.
● Specsavers goes green in York SPECSAVERS York is expanding the store’s ability to recycle people's contact lenses and packaging in a bid to reduce the town’s plastic usage.
● World premiere at Theatre Royal THE world premiere production of Alone in Berlin is set to come to York later this year.
● King of pop guitarist set to play gig in Scarborough FORMER guitarist for the “king of pop,” Michael Jackson, is set to perform in North Yorkshire alongside a tribute act.
● York Residents Festival returns for 25th year YORK residents will have the chance to explore more than 100 attractions and sites around the city for free this weekend.
● Finance worker stole from company - and blamed his wife's spending A FINANCIAL controller cheated his care homes company employer out of more than £23,168, York Crown Court heard.
● Archaeologist to reveal secrets of historic Pocklington finds AWARD-WINNING archaeologist Paula Ware is returning to Pocklington to talk about the latest news on the remarkable historic finds that have been unearthed in the...
● Crash on A64 near York causing delays A LANE has been closed on the A64 westbound near York after a crash, which is causing heavy traffic.
● Visit York tourism chiefs highlight bid to grow £765m industry into £1bn WORK is underway to attract more Millennials and international visitors to York.
● Network Rail investigated over poor performance on routes used by Northern and TransPennine Express Network Rail is being investigated over its poor performance on routes used by train operators Northern and TransPennine...
● York show for laureate UK Poet Laureate, Simon Armitage, and well-known actors will read a range of his poetry in a fundraising performance in York next month.
● There is plenty more to come, stresses York City Knights hooker Kriss Brining KRISS BRINING vowed that there is plenty more to come from York City Knights with the new league season underway in less than a fortnight.
● Workers say jobs cause issues RESEARCH has revealed that more than half of musculoskeletal (MSK) sufferers in Yorkshire and the Humber say their occupation has contributed to their condition.
● Aldi to raise staff wages to £9.40 an hour Aldi has announced plans to increase its pay for staff in stores by just over 3%, making it one of the best-paying supermarkets in the UK.
● York passengers warned not to travel to and from London this weekend YORK train passengers should avoid travelling to London this weekend as more rail work is scheduled to start.
● Moving Lords to York a 'threat to democratic process', warns next Archbishop THE next Archbishop of York has warned that relocating the House of Lords to his city while MPs and the Government stayed in London would pose...
● Major historical exhibition at Selby Abbey A MAJOR new Selby history exhibition is to open at the town's Abbey later this week, featuring a specially assembled collection of personal memories and historic objects from...
● LETTER: This 11-story apartment block is too high a price for Roman Museum I am appalled at the application for an 11-storey building in Rougier Street (The Press, January 11).
● LETTER: We need electric buses to serve new stadium Now, at last, we are closing in on the new community stadium opening its doors to the general public. But why oh why is our council so reluctant to grab the opportunity by...
● Spark:York looks set to stay for another two years SPARK:York, the social space and street food hub, looks set to stay for at least another two years.
● Talk about remarkable prehistoric finds discovered in Pocklington AWARD-WINNING archaeologist Paula Ware is returning to Pocklington to talk about the latest news on the remarkable prehistoric finds that have been discovered...