● Two coronavirus deaths at York care homes YORK has seen its first coronavirus-related deaths in care homes since July.
● Tougher Covid restrictions 'unhelpful' and 'extremely disruptive' TOUGHER new coronavirus restrictions announced by the Prime Minister have been branded “unhelpful” and “extremely disruptive” for York.
● Forward James Green pens new 2021 deal at York City Knights YORK City Knights prop forward James Green has signed a new deal with the club for the 2021 season.
● Funeral director Hayley Owen runs 100 miles to help charity A YORK funeral director is trying to run 100 miles in a city gym this month to help in the battle against dementia.
● MINSTER LEAGUE: Thorpe United go joint top with win over Old Malton St Mary's A FLURRY of goals early in the second half saw Thorpe United take the spoils in the big game of the day in the York Minster Engineering League...
● Air ambulance called in after man injured in Markington THE air ambulance was called in to take a man to hospital after he was injured on a building site.
● Pub, restaurant and hotel bosses in York hit out over new Covid rules LANDLORDS, restaurateurs and hoteliers say they have been dealt a devastating blow as a curfew is imposed on the industry.
● Four men arrested after police helicopter search in Ripon FOUR men have been arrested in connection with the theft of a car.
● 42 more Covid-19 cases confirmed in York and North Yorkshire A FURTHER 42 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in York and North Yorkshire as the Government introduces new measures to fight the pandemic.
● Toilet block set to be revamped A BLOCK of public toilets could be turned into offices.
● New Cookies & Cream version of Milkybar made in York NESTLÉ has started making a new version of Milkybar in York.
● York City confirm further delay to Community Stadium opening YORK City have confirmed a further delay to the opening of the LNER Community Stadium, with the new ground not ready to host matches until after October 9.
● York Balloon Fiesta to return as four-day festival - rescheduled event dates announced THE popular York Balloon Fiesta will return as a bigger and better four-day festival at the end of May next year.
● Old Bumper Castle pub set to be replaced by Enterprise car hire A FORMER pub and steak house is set to be demolished to make way for a car rental chain.
● Urgent repairs needed to 'bulging and cracking' tower on York's city walls EXPERTS are to carry out urgent repairs to a tower on York's historic city walls which has begun to bulge and crack.
● Premier Inn owner Whitbread announces 6,000 job cuts A MAJOR hospitality company with hotels and restaurants in York is cutting up to 6,000 jobs.
● Selby Town to give 'second chance' to Reece Thompson SELBY Town have said they will give a “second chance” to striker Reece Thompson.
● York City's National League North start date up in the air THE start of York City's Vanarama National League North season is up in the air after the government's announcement of a "pause" to fans returning to ...
● New covid restrictions to last for six months - Prime Minister NEW coronavirus restrictions including a 10pm curfew in pubs and a maximum of 15 people at weddings are likely to be in place for the next six months, the Prime...
● VIDEO: Spitfire flies over York Hospital to say 'thank you NHS' A SECOND World War Spitfire has paid tribute to staff at York Hospital with a flypast.
● New stained glass windows made for St Luke's Church, Clifton THREE beautiful new stained glass windows are being created for a York church in memory of a parishioner who left it a substantial legacy, which will enable it to...
● Man dies after being injured by cows near Richmond A MAN has died after being injured by cows.
● Friends raising funds for York chef diagnosed with bowel cancer FRIENDS of a York chef with cancer are fundraising to help him and his family, and have thanked local businesses for their support.