● Funeral services and mourners to be barred from York Crematorium from tomorrow MOURNERS, clergy and officiants are to be barred from attending funeral services at York Crematorium from tomorrow because of the coronavirus...
● Power cut hits hundreds of properties in York HUNDREDS of homes and business have been left without electricity after a power cut in York city centre.
● Coronavirus warning to parents over climbing on riverside tree PARENTS of children who climb a tree on York's riverside are being warned that they might be putting themselves at risk of catching the coronavirus.
● Two men arrested after bank robbery in Harrogate in broad daylight TWO men have been arrested after an alleged bank robbery in North Yorkshire in broad daylight.
● Temperatures soaring to 19C in York - and Good Friday should be equally warm TEMPERATURES are set to soar to 19C in York today - warmer than many cities on the Med.
● 'Let's roll with the punches', says England captain and Yorkshire star Joe Root ENGLAND Test captain Joe Root says he and his fellow professionals will have to “roll with the punches” during the coronavirus pandemic.
● 10 coronavirus myths tackled by a GP Dr Gero Baiarda is an NHS GP currently on call at GPDQ.
● Former York City junior Jess Park signs first professional deal with Manchester City FORMER York City junior Jess Park has signed her first professional contract with Women’s Super League giants Manchester City.
● CORONAVIRUS: York's iconic department store Barnitts temporarily closes YORK'S iconic department store Barnitts has temporarily closed due to the coronavirus pandemic - the first time it has had to close its doors in its...
● York Mind charity group now online A LOCAL mental health charity in York will be supporting people experiencing mental ill-health throughout the Coronavirus crisis by providing vital services.
● Communities warned to be vigilant for doorstep scammers NORTH Yorkshire Police is warning local residents not to accept help from unknown individuals knocking on doors and offering support with shopping for food and essentials.
● CORONAVIRUS: Live updates from York and North and East Yorkshire Here is your daily review of coronavirus developments in York and across the region, and nationwide
● Rowntree factory from the air, before 1930 HERE'S a great aerial view of the Rowntree’s factory on Haxby Road, taken some time before 1930.
● RNIB calls for a new generation to remember the 1920 'Blind March' One hundred years ago this week (on April 5, 1920 to be exact) 74 blind workers from Scotland and north east England set off from Leeds to march down to London ...
● Helping the rich and famous is in property expert Alex Goldstein's blood A CENTURY ago Louis Cope’s fashion emporium was busy dressing wealthy ladies in 1920s North Yorkshire.
● Help your cash flow during COVID-19 THESE are difficult times for businesses and good cash flow must be maintained.
● Cancer charity's £40k equipment boost for York Hospital A YORK charity has funded new equipment to help hospital patients get swift relief from distressing lung symptoms.
● Hotpod Yoga backs Press Supporting Local Businesses campaign A YOGA company that has helped people discover mindfulness since it opened last year has moved its lessons online to help keep people fit and flexible during the...
● CORONAVIRUS: Organisers still not saying if York Festival cancelled THE organisers of York Festival - due to take place on June 19 to 21 with headline acts including Lionel Richie, Westlife and Madness - have not yet said...
● Hob Moor and Hob Moor Oaks pupils star on CBeebies CHILDREN from two York primary schools will feature on our TV screens over the Easter bank holiday weekend.
● CORONAVIRUS: Crisis leads to funerals taking place with no mourners SOME people are now being cremated at York Crematorium without any funeral service and with no relatives attending because of the lockdown, a funeral director ...
● CORONAVIRUS: Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire rise - but no more in York THE number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the City of York Council area has remained at 75 today - the same as yesterday.
● Four Harrogate care home residents die after having coronavirus symptoms FOUR residents with coronavirus symptoms have died at a North Yorkshire care home, it has emerged.