● Scottish actor David Hayman backs Glasgow Times' toy bank drive BELOVED Scottish actor David Hayman has pledged his support to the Glasgow Times Toy Bank appeal.
● Letters: School staff are feeling the impact of coronavirus WHILE parents are happy that schools are not breaking early or having an extended holiday spare a thought for school staff.
● £1.8million for Glasgow pop-up bus stops MORE than £1.8 million in funding has been accepted by Glasgow City Council to develop seven temporary pop up bus lanes across the city.
● New nursery for Govanhill to help meet Scottish Government targets get approval PLANS to build a new nursery in Govanhill to address demand for places have been approved.
● £12m hotel plan for former Dunnes store on Sauchiehall Street has been withdrawn MAJOR plans to transform the former Dunnes store on Sauchiehall Street into a 112-bed hotel have been withdrawn.
● We are looking for Glasgow's best Christmas decorations The Glasgow Times would love to spread some festive cheer by showcasing the city homes that go all out at Christmas.
● Tessa Hartmann to appear in Real Housewives of Jersey A GLASGOW family will feature in the first season of the reality series The Real Housewives of Jersey next month.
● Glasgow Clyde College: How training nursery staff have coped with learning during a pademic The year 2020 has forced us to change many aspects of life – the way we socialise, the way we shop and the way we learn. Since March,...
● Jon Molyneux: We will ask Glasgow City Council to declare a rent crisis SCOTTISH Greens MSP Andy Wightman had a big campaigning win this week - working with the Living Rent tenants union to force the Scottish Government into a ...
● Glasgow MSP Patrick Harvie seeks views on food waste bin changes for North East GLASWEGIANS are being asked to give their views on controversial proposed changes to bin collections.
● Man arrested after alleged car break-in in Sandyhills POLICE in Glasgow have reminded motorists to keep all valuables out of sight after a man was arrested for an alleged car break-in.
● Whisky giant unveils job cuts three weeks before Christmas SCOTCH whisky giant Diageo has stunned staff just three weeks before Christmas by unveiling plans to axe more than 20 roles from its malt distilling team in Scotland.
● Couple save dog on its way to be butchered at a meat market in China A CARING couple have saved a dog on its way to be butchered at a meat market in China.
● Scots teachers in Christmas safety plea after school holiday plans announced TEACHERS are fearing for the safety of staff and pupils returning to schools after the Christmas break.
● Have you seen this rainbow in Kirky? Here is what it is all about A TRIBUTE to community and hope has been created in Kirkintilloch town centre - thanks to pupil power.
● Plans for new Aldi store in Bishopbriggs refused ALDI has expressed “disappointment” after a proposed new store on Kirkintilloch Road was refused planning permission by East Dunbartonshire Council officers.
● Orange Order release 'sNOw Surrender' and 'Rudolph orange nosed reindeer' Christmas cards The Orange Order has produced two "fun" themed Christmas cards for members to buy this year.
● Beatson's winter celebration for families affected by cancer moves online A WINTER celebration for families affected by cancer will take place online this Sunday.
● Baboons, birds and a bear called Winston: Glasgow Zoo through the decades IT was a popular childhood day out for many Glaswegians in the 50s, 60s and 70s.
● Glasgow property for sale in Cessnock THERE is always one room in every property that has the wow factor.
● Stuart Hogg wary of Irish threat with Johnny Sexton set to return SCOTLAND will end their international year as they began it this afternoon, with a game against Ireland in Dublin. Back in February they lost just 19-12 in a...
● Danny Wilson coy on Glasgow Warriors link with Munster's Ben Healy DANNY Wilson has confirmed that Glasgow will be in the market for another stand-off in the summer, budget permitting, but declined to say whether Munster’s Ben ...
● Justin Bieber messages Glasgow podcaster James English to praise his work A GLASWEGIAN podcaster has recieved a message from Justin Bieber who has praised his work.
● James John Coyle: Police appeal for missing man to get in touch POLICE are appealing for help to find a missing Knightswood man.