● Bid to build 58 flats on former care home site approved A £5m housing scheme for older people who want to continue living independently will be built on the site of a former care home.
● Historic high street gets £380,000 cash boost A council has secured £380,000 worth of funding to protect and support a historic high street and market place.
● WATCH: Gang in Seat Leon caught on CCTV stealing distinctive Nissan Navarra Quick, no-one’s in - let’s nick it. A brazen gang arrive in a silver hot hatch to case a house. After checking the property is empty, they break in...
● Kitten needs loving home after being returned to rescue centre twice The RSPCA East Norfolk branch is looking for homes for these four felines.
● New scare attraction to open with horror maze for Halloween A team of “passionate horror lovers” have set up a new scare maze in the hopes of creating the “most realistic and intense horror attraction in Norfolk.”
● Norfolk chef calls on Tripadvisor to do more to remove malicious posts A Norfolk chef has called on Tripadvisor to make sure those who post racist reviews are banned from the site after one of his businesses fell victim to a...
● City defender joins Charlton Athletic on loan Norwich City defender Akin Famewo has joined League One side Charlton Athletic on a season-long loan.
● Norfolk based maintenance firm scoops up prestigious award A Norfolk based landscaping and arboriculture firm has scooped up a prestigious award.
● Norwich City release new third kit Norwich City have released their third kit for the 2020/21 season.
● 7 places to go antiquing in Norfolk Uncover treasures from furniture to upcycle, to jewellery and film memorabilia at these local antiques centres.
● Winner of the Sir John Hurt Art Prize 2020 announced The winners of the 2020 Sir John Hurt and Sworders Art Prizes have been announced.
● Woman admits dangerous driving after head-on crash A 19-year-old woman who was involved in a head-on collision on a Suffolk road will be sentenced next month after she admitted dangerous driving.
● Radio Norfolk legend Keith Skues will retire after 60-year career this weekend Much-loved radio presenter Keith Skues will broadcast his final show on Radio Norfolk on Sunday evening before retiring at the age of 81.Paul Hayes ...
● Revealed: Norwich streets with the highest crime levels Crime reports in Norwich increased by 10pc year-on-year in July, figures show, but officers say more neighbourhood policing has led to positive outcomes.
● Crematorium upgrade webcast cameras amid new restrictions A major upgrade has been carried out at a crematorium in north Norfolk as restrictions on the number of people attending funeral services look set to continue.
● REVIEW: Gem of Norwich: Delightful Mediterranean food with a big September money saving offer You can save up to £10 per person until the end of September at this great Norwich restaurant
● Robin Sainty: Display against Preston has teed up a nervous spell for City If Daniel Farke had forgotten how tough the Championship is last Saturday’s game should have served as a salutary reminder.
● Thousands of homes left without power following strong winds overnight Thousands of homes across the county have woken up without electricity following widespread power cuts as a result of the overnight weather.
● Busy road into city closed after crash leaves three people in need of hospital treatment Three people have been taken to hospital this morning follow a crash which has closed a road into the city for more than an hour.
● Trains cancelled as gales bring trees down on lines Trees brought down by gale-force winds lashing the region have forced the cancellation of a number of rail services.
● Poor weather delays closure of A11 for roadworks Resurfacing of one of the busiest routes into Norwich has had to be postponed due to the poor weather.
● Drmic on target and Leitner in action as City U23s beat Palace 3-0 Josip Drmic was on target again, in another 3-0 win for Norwich City Under-23s, as the out-of-favour striker was joined by Mo Leitner in getting some valuable...
● Flooding, downed trees and overturned cars amid high winds and torrential rain Gale-force winds and torrential rain led to widespread flooding, felled trees and blocked roads across Norfolk.
● Suffolk leaders agree £1.1m to tackle county lines drug operations More than £1.1million is being committed to a fresh three-year campaign in tackling county lines drug operations – with specialist hubs set for Ipswich and...