● Production news round-up: Giles Terera to play Sammy Davis Jr at Hampstead Theatre and Kate Fleetwood cast in 101 Dalmations This week’s round up includes Giles Terera starring as Sammy Davis Jr in Hammersmith Lyric theatre’s...
● Troubadour White City Theatre to shut down Troubadour White City Theatre is to close down permanently, less than a year after launching. Troubadour revealed that the 1,000-seat theatre will
● Sheffield Theatres season to feature Caryl Churchill and Victoria Wood plays Plays by Caryl Churchill, Morgan Lloyd Malcolm and Victoria Wood lead Sheffield Theatres’ 2020 season. It includes revivals of Churchill’s Escaped...
● Equity urged to expand membership to include dramaturgs Equity is being urged to open up its membership to include dramaturgs in order to offer them protection from underpayment and exploitation.
● Jenna Russell and Daniel Evans to curate cabaret series at the Donmar Warehouse Daniel Evans and Jenna Russell are to curate a series of late-night cabarets at the Donmar Warehouse. Each cabaret will feature songs
● Anne-Marie Duff to star in new Beth Steel play at Almeida Anne-Marie Duff will star in a new play by Wonderland writer Beth Steel at the Almeida Theatre. Duff will lead the cast
● The Inheritance to close early on Broadway The Inheritance will end its Broadway run three months earlier than planned, it has been confirmed. The play, written by Matthew Lopez
● Giles Terera to star in Sammy Davis Jr musical at Lyric Hammersmith Giles Terera is to star as Sammy Davis Jr in a musical about his life, which is being staged at the Lyric
● Kate Fleetwood to star as Cruella de Vil in 101 Dalmatians musical Kate Fleetwood is to star as Cruella de Vil in the forthcoming musical adaptation of 101 Dalmatians. Based on Dodie Smith’s original
● Seven Stages Podcast: Episode 1, Ian McKellen What was the first show you ever saw? Your biggest theatre regret? And which production would you choose to watch on a
● Urdang joins up with University of Birmingham to launch new dance and musical theatre degree London performing arts school Urdang Academy is partnering with the University of Birmingham to deliver a new dance and musical...
● Culture of self-censorship in the arts revealed by survey A national survey has revealed arts workers are regularly self-censoring their views and work, to avoid a backlash from the public, funding
● Actors Centre announces new leadership team and programming overhaul The Actors Centre in London has announced a new leadership team along with major changes to its programming. Amanda Davey, who was
● Fairfield Halls boss quits as figures reveal venue achieved 26% occupancy in first three months Fairfield Halls’ artistic director has resigned from the job less than six months after the arts centre reopened following a £40...
● Ian McKellen launches new podcast series from The Stage Ian McKellen is to feature in the first episode of a new podcast series from The Stage. The first actor to top
● Raymond Gubbay steps away from Fiery Angel joint venture Raymond Gubbay has parted ways with Fiery Angel, two years after they launched a new musical entertainment company together. The music and
● Kristin Scott Thomas, Nicola Walker and Jack Thorne feature in new National Theatre season Kristin Scott Thomas will star in Phaedra and Jack Thorne has written a new play as part of the National Theatre’s new
● The Stage Scholarships 2020: Sharjah Performing Arts Academy Situated in the ‘Cultural Capital of the Arab World’, Sharjah Performing Arts Academy offers students world-class training in an international environment. Paul
● Rufus Norris signs up for a further five years at National Theatre Rufus Norris has signed up for a further five years as director of the National Theatre, revealing that increasing the diversity of
● Natasha Tripney: There is no one way to stage Shakespeare At last week’s Critics Circle Awards, Juliet Stevenson, receiving an award for her performance in Robert Icke’s production of The Doctor, argued