Raymond van Barneveld bows out with loss to Darin Young in final match
Image source : theguardian.com
* Van Barneveld retires after final game at Alexandra Palace * Dutchman defeated by American Raymond Van Barneveld made his final appearance on the World Championship stage as he suffered a first round defeat to Darin Young. The five-time world champion was given a rousing reception at the Alexandra Palace, but the hugely popular Dutchman lost 3-1 despite hitting five 180s. American left-hander Young took the first set 3-1 before Van Barneveld discovered some of his old magic to average 100.2 in the second set and level the match. Continue reading...
▼ Related news :
● Dana White reckons Conor McGregor is worth over £1.5BN to UFC after incredible comeback win over Cowboy Cerrone DANA WHITE insisted Conor McGregor is worth £1.5bn to the UFC after his stunning comeback win. Notorious, 31,...
● 'Shaw can be one of the Premier League's best left-backs' - Solskjaer vouches for Man Utd star after Young sale The Red Devils boss has backed the England international to step up and fulfil his potential following a former...
● Philippe Coutinho, David N'Gog and Liverpool's best Man United moments ranked ECHO writers Dan Kay and Joe Rimmer have ranked their top five since the start of the Premier League era
● How Exeter City reported their 1-0 win over Grimsby Town in League Two The result puts Exeter level on points with Swindon Town at the top of League Two
● Player ratings: Preston North End 2 Charlton Athletic 1 Preston North End recorded their first win of 2020 with victory over Charlton Athletic at Deepdale.
● Scunthorpe United chairman Peter Swann outlines January recruitment policy The chairman revealed how the rest of the January transfer window could pan out for the Iron
● Matt Ritchie opens up on Newcastle United's game plan against Chelsea The Blues left St James' Park empty handed after being limited to just four shots on target
● Man Utd urged to pull plug on Bruno Fernandes transfer and sign Jack Grealish instead Manchester United are trying to sign Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes this month.
● Who says advertising doesn't work? The subliminal message behind Lynden Gooch's wonder goal The USA midfielder gave Sunderland an important 1-0 win at MK Dons thanks to a superb goal
● Liverpool XI vs Manchester United: Confirmed team news, predicted lineup and latest injuries Jurgen Klopp will be able to welcome fit-again pair Joel Matip and Fabinho back into his Liverpool squad to face Manchester United...
● Norwich City transfer rumours: Palace weigh up Jamal Lewis move Norwich City left-back Jamal Lewis is being touted with Premier League rivals Crystal Palace.
● Barcelona and Manchester City 'both made an offer for Inter Milan defender Alessandro Bastoni' The 20-year-old centre back has impressed for the Serie A title chasers this season, and it is believed that Inter are desperate to ...
● Liverpool line ups vs Manchester United - Fabinho dilemma but he's not Jurgen Klopp's only selection headache ECHO writers have their say and pick their Liverpool starting line ups to face Manchester United at Anfield
● Saracens board accept relegation The Saracens board have accepted their relegation from the Premiership and vowed to "rebuild confidence and trust".
● Man Utd legend Sir Alex Ferguson lifts lid on three players ahead of Liverpool showdown Manchester United head to Premier League leaders Liverpool today in a crunch clash.
● Saracens 'unreservedly apologise' for salary cap mistakes as Premiership champions accept relegation Saracens have "unreservedly apologised for mistakes made in relation to the salary cap" and accepted their imposed...
● Manchester United XI vs Liverpool: Confirmed team news, predicted lineup and latest injuries Marcus Rashford is facing a losing battle to make Manchester United's clash with Liverpool.
● 'I feel sad for Yanga SC fans' - Eymael admits after defeat to Azam FC Saturday's loss was second for the Mwananchi team who are yet to impress despite making a change in the coaching position
● Liverpool vs Man Utd predicted line-ups and team news ahead of Anfield clash Man Utd face Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday
● Conor McGregor: UFC return a 'psychological rollercoaster' Conor McGregor describes his return to UFC as a "psychological rollercoaster", after beating Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone in just 40 seconds.
● Golf: Kuchar wins in Singapore despite seventh hole meltdown Matt Kuchar survived a nightmare on the front nine before claiming a three-shot victory over former world number one Justin Rose in his maiden appearance at the...
● Marcus Rashford's injury is due to Man Utd's lack of quality, says Paul Ince Rashford is likely to miss United's game against bitter rivals Liverpool on Sunday after injuring his back in the FA Cup win over Wolves
● Ryan Giggs has hair transplant after 'stress' of playing for Man Utd made it drop out Manchester United and Wales icon Ryan Giggs admits that the strain of playing top-flight football for 24 years left his head of hair needing ...
● Novak Djokovic explains what he has in common with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal Novak Djokovic says himself, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal embrace life in the same manner.