Council bosses in Wolverhampton have announced a new programme of support for struggling micro and small businesses in the city as it prepares to enter Tier 3 restrictions in days. ▶ Full story on expressandstar.com
▼ Related news :
● Brits brace for 3-day washout, melting snow and over 100 flood alerts Heavy downpours are going to batter Brits next week, with a 48-hour weather warning in place. The Met Office warns of severe flooding, cut off roads and...
● The Hidden Drag From The S&P 500 That Can Reduce Your Returns Beating the S&P 500 with naive strategies over the long-term isn't too hard. Now researchers think they know why.
● Radio 1 star Matt Edmondson opens up about rare mood disorder diagnosis The BBC Radio 1 host as been diagnosed with cyclothymia – a mood disorder which can see sufferers endure a period of low mood and lack of enthusiasm,...
● Mafia gang in 'maxi trial' once shot boy, 3, dead and torched his body in car Nicola “Coco” Campolongo, 3, was shot after the Ndrangheta in Calabria, Italy, targeted his grandad - police found his charred body strapped to his...
● From skinheads to the stock market: how Dr Martens went mainstream Valuation of £3bn-£4bn would trigger tenfold return for private-equity backer Permira
● Big Meat: facing up to the demands for sustainability Consumers and investors are looking at the environmental damage the industry has done and calling for change
● Mahatma Gandhi's killer venerated as Hindu nationalism resurges in India Nathuram Godse rehabilitated from traitor to patriot for many, as Gandi’s vision of secular India eroded by ruling BJP Last Sunday, in a nondescript...
● Five Darlington homes with heavily reduced prices On the market for an affordable property? Here are five Darlington properties which have seen their asking price slashed since first being listed.
● Steps Darlington Council is taking to tackle climate change A COUNCIL which has seen its green ambitions called into question has signalled an intention to extend the climate change action it is undertaking to help some...
● Man launched drunken attack on own father leaving him with serious facial injuries A DRUNKEN row resulted in a man causing serious facial injuries to his own father after a reconciliatory night out descended into violence.
● Five York homes with the most reduced prices Hoping to get on the property ladder this year? Here are five York homes with the most reduced prices
● Plea as number of pupils in York schools during lockdown DOUBLES THE number of pupils attending York schools during this lockdown is DOUBLE the number of key worker children in class during the first lockdown last year.
● S1 Jobs: Poppyscotland in call to arms for new Glasgow staff The role would see you provide person-centred advice for members of the armed forces who are living with long-term illness or disability.
● The best vegan Victoria sponge cake recipe beginners need to try How to make a light and fluffy Victoria sandwich without eggs or milk with a super easy recipe
● 'Brilliant' £25 Aldi item shoppers say is the 'worth every penny' Shoppers have called the product "fabulous"
● Gogglebox, Corrie and Hollywood stars you didn't know are related From high-profile supermodel cousins to iconic sibling pairs
● The parts of Wales where coronavirus is still growing Three parts of Wales are still seeing an increase in cases
● Wales' slow and inevitable journey into the utter crisis our nation faces This is what led to Wales having the second-highest rate of coronavirus infections in the world before Christmas and the chaos that has gripped our...
● Woman who thought she had a cold diagnosed with brain tumour Emily Sudlow had an eight-hour operation under local anaesthetic
● People are redecorating thier Christmas trees for Valentine's Day The last 12 months have been difficult, so why not?
● The scenes at a Welsh supermarket 24 hours after new rules Keen to know whether the rules were being followed, we went to a supermarket to see for ourselves
● Family sickened after monster baby killer slept with prison guard Demi L'Homme, 23, said Andrew Roberts, 38, should never be released for murdering her mother Louise L'Homme, 23, and 10-month-old sister Tia in 2003
● Graduate explains how he lost almost half his body weight Danny Purnell looked so different that friends and extended family failed to recognise him
● Coronavirus: GP role in vaccine delivery 'must be balanced with non-Covid care' FAMILY doctors in Tayside will be vaccinating all over 65s against Covid in their own practices, Scotland's GP leader has said.
● Private sector could give out stuttering business grants THE PRIVATE sector could be harnessed to relieve the pressure on over-stretched councils to stop struggling business facing delays in accessing lifeline pandemic...
● Bòrd na Gàidhlig chief: There is 'real anguish' about situation facing Gaelic WITH warnings it could die out as a community language within a decade, the precarious position of Gaelic in Scotland has come under the spotlight...
● Seonaid McIntosh aiming to be her own woman with Tokyo 2020 in her sights IT’S a well-worn trope to suggest that children of sporting parents have some kind of natural advantage over their peers.
● James Yorkston on his new album The Wide, Wide River “I LOVE pop music, don’t get me wrong. I love a well-put-together pop song. But there’s a real beauty and excitement in exploring what’s going to happen when you just go...
● Susan Eglestaff: We must not forget children's sport after Covid IT seems every week brings a new headline about the damage the pandemic is causing this country.
● Coronavirus: 'Ridiculous' bureaucracy threatens 400,000 jags a week plan THE goal of immunising 400,000 Scots a week against Covid could be derailed unless more is done to cut “ridiculous bureaucratic hold ups” that are...
● How Ghost Kitchens And Business Innovations Are Aiding The Industry Ghost kitchens might be just the thing to save the restaurant industry in light of the current pandemic.
● Super healthy banana bread overnight oats breakfast recipe Low in fat and sugar, this delicious breakfast option is so easy to make at home during lockdown