Health bosses are warning vulnerable people in the Black Country not to ignore their flu jabs as they wait for the Covid vaccine. ▶ Full story on expressandstar.com
▼ Related news :
● DUP executive minister Edwin Poots reveals cancer diagnosis The minister tells the Nolan Show there is a risk the disease could spread because of surgery delays.
● 67612450 Pharmacies could be forced to cancel hundreds of Covid vaccination appointments due to crucial equipment failing to arrive.
● Covid in Scotland: Glasgow's economy to be worst hit A new report warns the economy in Scotland's biggest city is expected to have shrunk by 10.4% in 2020.
● 67606642 The number of people moved on by police for breaching lockdown rules has surged past 30,000, according to a new report.
● 67615885 Wolves are looking to ‘accelerate the process’ and improve Patrick Cutrone’s off-field situation as they hope the recalled striker starts scoring again.
● 67567917 “It’s nice to turn a negative situation into a positive one – I’m glad I’ve had Covid if it means I can help someone survive it.”
● Diastasis recti: 'Frustrating' treatment wait after giving birth A new mother says she struggled to get help for stomach muscle separation caused by pregnancy.
● 67601023 A Black Country branch of the Campaign for Real Ale is calling for more support for pub licencees.
● 67617709 An appeal has gone out for the voices of survivors of abuse in a church context to be heard.
● 67591803 A star of television auction shows is looking to build up a newly purchased Black Country auction home.
● 67537534 A new video containing a live interview with Black Sabbath star Tony Iommi has been made to commemorate the reinstallation of the band’s ‘heavy metal’ bench.
● 67601160 A crime commissioner has blamed Brexit for making it easier for West Midlands criminals to go on the run in Europe.
● 67614609 The vaccine is being rolled out rapidly, just as flu jabs are provided each year. The nation is getting with the programme as hundreds of thousands of people start to protect themselves from the horrors of Covid-19.
● 67602570 An accountant has been busy working to help places of worship become safe and Covid-free venues.
● 67538420 An elderly couple’s cellar is being flooded everyday by a blocked drain outside their home.
● 67620573 To Wolves fans of a certain generation, the C-word – Chorley – is enough to prompt an outbreak of cold sweats and painful flashbacks.
● More coronavirus cases linked to arri... Tennis Australia chief executive Craig Tiley said the safety of the Victorian community will not be compromised.
● Thousands call for change after Villa fan's tragic death whilst out jogging The former Bishop Vesey Grammar School pupil was hit by a car whilst out jogging at an accident black-spot and now a petition has been set up calling...
● Read brother's Facebook post of watching sister die - and take covid seriously Badre Khan's brother wants everyone to read his hard-hitting account of losing her - and act on what he says
● Covid-19 death toll in Birmingham and neighbouring areas hits 5,000 The Office for National Statistics said the number of people dying with Covid saw a sharp rise in the first week of January - but in part due to registration...
● Drug addict beats girlfriend to death in home full of vulnerable people Julie Webb died after being repeatedly attacked by boyfriend in a room they shared at a home for vulnerable people in Handsworth
● £80m for treatment services in drug crackdown The package will also see police target dealers and health services help people with addictions.
● Donald Trump expected to pardon forme... Bannon was charged with duping thousands of investors who thought their money would go towards the border wall.
● Ann Girling, 59, was found dead at her Totton home A WOMAN suffering from depression was found hanged at her home, an inquest was told.
● How the council is wasting our money STEVE BELL is correct when he says that the current council leadership are quick to blame central government for the local council’s budget when their own mismanagement has contributed to...
● Latest tributes to Sue Addis Tributes continue to come in for Brighton restaurateur Sue Addis, who was found dead at her home in the city earlier this month.
● Hove woman slams council for 'unsafe' broken street lamps in Brunswick Place A CLEANER said the lack of working street lights outside her home is "scandalous" and has blasted the council for not replacing bulbs...
● Brighton and Hove City Council bankruptcy fears raised by Tories THE CITY council risks going bust over spendthrift “ideological” policies, it has been claimed.
● Coronavirus: Sussex Trust deaths pass 300 MORE than 300 people have now died from Covid-19 in Sussex, latest statistics reveal.
● US presidential inauguration: Joe Biden's Sussex ancestors A “SUSSEX man” will become the new leader of the land of the free after clinching victory in the latest election.