Error-prone Wallabies struggle as leftover flaws from Cheika era are exposed | Bret Harris
Image source : theguardian.com
Coach Dave Rennie has demanded consistency but his team still cannot string two good performances together The most telling image in the Wallabies’ disappointing 15-all draw with Argentina in Newcastle was not of something that occurred on the field, but in the Pumas’ coaching box. During Argentina’s historic 25-15 win against the All Blacks in Parramatta the week before, former Wallabies coach and now Pumas coaching consultant Michael Cheika wore the light blue uniform of the South American side. But on Saturday night Cheika was wearing mufti, a dark collared T-shirt and jeans. Maybe it was a mark of respect from Cheika to the team he coached for just over five years. Continue reading... ▶ Full story on theguardian.com
▼ Related news :
● Nate Diaz brandishes Khabib Nurmagomedov a 'p****' after champion refuses to commit to a UFC return The undefeated Dagestani, 32, announced his shock retirement from the sport following his win over Justin Gaethje at UFC 254,...
● Kelantan FC owner Zamsaham on the warpath! The news of Kelantan FC's appointment of head coach Marco Ragini has been eclipsed by a recent development this week.
● Arsenal target Neto will NOT be allowed to leave Barcelona this month, confirms Ronald Koeman The Emirates outfit are hoping to provide competition for first-choice Bernd Leno after Alex Runarsson's struggles this season - ...
● Harry Maguire details change in Man Utd mentality before Liverpool showdown Manchester United head to Liverpool on Sunday afternoon as Premier League leaders after avoiding defeat in their last 11 games, which Harry Maguire...
● Georginio Wijnaldum 'will turn down new Liverpool contract to join Barcelona in the summer' Wijnaldum is drawn to Barcelona because of their tradition of fielding Dutch players and the opportunity to work with his compatriot...
● Chan 2021: Musakanya on why Zambia can beat Tanzania in Group D opener The Zesco United midfielder has cited good preparations as reason enough to beat the Cecafa nation on Tuesday
● Brazilian footballer Valdivia substituted at half-time after testing positive for coronavirus Brazilian player Valdivia was on Saturday substituted at half-time after testing positive for coronavirus.
● PSG freshly motivated by Pochettino ideas, says Navas The Argentine was missing from the touchline on Saturday due to coronavirus but is already making an impact in Paris
● Leicester move up to second in Premier League after battling past Southampton A goal in both halves was enough for the Foxes to sit one point adrift of leaders Manchester United.
● Have Gor Mahia settled on Mathare United's Ali to replace Odhiambo? K'Ogalo have already made contact and are hopeful of convincing the tactician to join them
● O'Neill on Stoke 'dominance' & harsh red card in Rovers draw Stoke City should have had more to show for their dominance before Rovers’ late rally, according to boss Michael O’Neill.
● Mowbray explains his Bradley Dack call in Stoke City draw Tony Mowbray said he gave consideration to making all five changes at half-time given the lack of energy his side showed in the first half.
● Steve Cooper's Swansea City transfer admission after trio of exits The Swansea City boss spoke about his transfer plans amid interest in Aston Villa's Conor Hourihane and Seattle Sounders forward Jordan Morris
● Liverpool v Manchester United live stream and TV info The top-of-the-table clash could be significant when all points are counted at the end of the season
● Chennaiyin FC need to be compact against East Bengal - Csaba Laszlo The Chennaiyin gaffer has backed his team to come stronger for the remainder of the season...
● NBA: Kevin Durant and debutant James Harden star in Brooklyn Nets win Kevin Durant and debutant James Harden star as the Brooklyn Nets claim their third consecutive win with a 122-115 victory over the Orlando Magic.
● Covid: Australian Open players frustrated by hotel isolation Dozens of top players are confined to hotel rooms for 14 days, throwing their training into disarray.
● Australia frustrated as unheralded India duo put series decider on a knife's edge * Australia end day three in Brisbane with a 54-run lead on 21-0 * Sundar, Thakur share in record stand as India earlier make 336A 21-year-old...
● Premier League transfer interest in Marseille midfielder Sanson confirmed by Villas-Boas The 26-year-old former France youth international has been most strongly linked with Aston Villa and West Ham
● Mind-blowing Bruno Fernandes stat will worry Liverpool ahead of Man Utd clash Liverpool cannot afford to lose in their crunch clash with Manchester United at Anfield on Sunday, but Jurgen Klopp will be worried by Bruno...
● Orlando Pirates have to capitalise on the threat they have for Black Leopards - Davids The Buccaneers face Lidoda Duvha after a convincing victory over Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila
● Graham Potter believes Albion deserved to score more goals Albion head coach Graham Potter felt his side were unlucky not to have scored more goals against Leeds.
● Grimsby Town injury update after duo miss Southend draw Two more names are added to the Mariners' injury list, but there were some welcome returns at Blundell Park
● 8am Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ozil Fenerbahce move AGREED latest update, Aouar target, Lacazette to Atletico back on MESUT OZIL is set to finally leave Arsenal after reportedly agreeing a deal to terminate his contract...
● Man United head to Anfield as top dogs but Liverpool know how to respond Fernandes not bothered by Klopp’s complaints about United penalty count
● India's Test rookies Shardul Thakur and Washington Sundar frustrate Australia The partnership formed with India in trouble at 186 for six in reply to Australia's 369, and with no more recognised batters in the pavilion,...
● Australia v India: Shardul Thakur and Washington Sundar lead fightback in Brisbane A remarkable fightback from India on day three gives them an excellent chance of a draw in the decisive fourth Test against Australia.
● Omollo: Posta Rangers coach hopes to make amends vs Vihiga in FKF Premier League The Mailmen have not won any of their last seven games in the Kenyan top-tier, but is confident of a win this time around
● Kimanzi: Why Wazito FC cannot afford to underrate Bidco United in FKF clash The former Harambee Stars tactician explains why he is wary of the promoted side, whom they face in a league match
● Robbie Fowler's defiant message to Liverpool ahead of crunch Man Utd showdown ROBBIE FOWLER: The bitter rivals are separated by just three points at the top of the league and Sunday's clash at Anfield could have huge...
● 'They were very stubborn' - Mamelodi Sundowns legend Booth praises Kaizer Chiefs' defensive resilience The former Bafana Bafana international explained why his hometown team struggled against Amakhosi's stubborn defence
● Black Leopards vs Orlando Pirates Preview: Kick-off time, TV channel, squad news The Buccaneers are back at Thohoyandou Stadium for the second time in four days but this time facing the log anchors