Bygones: Relaxing in the Trough of Bowland in 1965
Image source : lancashiretelegraph.co.uk
When the sun shone you got out in the car in 1965 and headed for the Trough of Bowland. This wonderfully evocative picture shows a couple of ladies enjoying the weather and sitting in their chairs while reading. Dad meanwhile looks as though he has been relegated to the car parked at the side of the road. Elsewhere other are taking in the splendid surroundings
▼ Related news :
● PA Headline Three MEPs have quit the party in order to support Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal.
● Undercover cops who wrestled B&M robber to floor praised for bravery Ryan Ledger was armed with a crowbar when the cops tackled him
● PA Headline Boris Johnson said there are ‘seven days to unleash this country’s potential and get it surging forward again’.
● Ian Madigan returns as Bristol Bears name their team early to face Stade Francais Bristol Bears return to European Challenge Cup action this weekend at Ashton Gate
● What Aston Villa should know about James Maddison - and how he stacks up against Jack Grealish Aston Villa news | In Maddison and Grealish, two of the country's most exciting talents will square off at Villa Park on Sunday
● Brexit Party MEP reveals why she resigned as Nigel Farage launched furious attack BREXIT PARTY MEP Lucy Harris revealed why she resigned from Nigel Farage’s party to LBC’s Shelagh Fogarty in a shock move as three other MEPs...
● Coventry City promotion rivals Sunderland set to land FIVE January signings in transfer spending spree The news will come as a blow to Coventry City, Portsmouth and Ipswich Town in the race for promotion from SkyBet League One.
● Care worker 'smiled' as she sprayed screaming dementia sufferer in the face The victim in her 80s had a fear of water in her care notes
● IRX coming to NEC Digital retail show IRX (Internet Retailing Expo) is coming to Birmingham's National Exhibition Centre in the new year.
● PA Headline The Prime Minister was in Derbyshire, the Labour leader visited Peterborough, and Nicola Sturgeon set out on the SNP battle bus.
● PA Headline O’Sullivan recovered from 4-1 down to level but lost the final two frames.
● Officers still unable to speak to woman found injured on Perthshire bridge Mystery still surrounds the events which led to a woman being found injured on a Perthshire bridge during the early hours of Tuesday.
● Care home plan thrown out over emergency traffic fears in Stourbridge Agents for the care facility argued the extension would replace beds lost after new regulations prohibited shared bedrooms – saying the new rooms would...
● General election 2019 - Who do the bookmakers think will win in the West Midlands? Bookies have published odds for the 2019 general election in West Midlands seats
● Social services worker shares the incredible impact art can have on someone's life Thousands of good causes and charities globally have grown to new heights thanks to players of People's Postcode Lottery
● The Ely woman becoming an Internet sensation after shedding 10 stone Laura Dryden has shared her amazing transformation story with us
● PA Headline The First Minister has accused Boris Johnson of ‘evading scrutiny’ in the run-up to the December 12 vote.
● The top artists, playlists and songs on Spotify in 2019... and of the decade Spotify Wrapped reveals your personal favourites of 2019, but the streaming giant has released the globe's best-loved
● Ring Road crash causes gridlock in city centre Police and the ambulance service were called to the scene
● PA Headline Bolsover, Wakefield and Rother Valley are among the places that might turn blue for the first time in generations
● Heavy traffic on M5 southbound after accident between J21 and J20 - updates There are delays of 25 minutes
● An abandoned dog was found locked up in stable with paws 'covered in blood' An abandoned dog was found locked in a stables in Austrey last weekend
● Who should I vote for in the UK 2019 General Election? Here is a handy guide to the Conservative, Labour, Green, Liberal Democrat and Brexit Party manifestos to help you decide who to vote for on December 12