Why are primates still used in UK experiments?
Image source : metro.co.uk
Across the UK, more than 3,000 non-human primates are used at universities for experiments.
▼ Related news :
● Boy George shares the mother of all throwbacks as he poses with baby Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace Who knew they were pals?!
● Poundland accused of `pointless´ plastic waste with... Poundland has been accused of creating unnecessary plastic waste by selling nothing, complete with heart-shaped packaging, for Valentine's Day.
● Pensioner, 82, who spent his life tending WWII memorial cries as his flypast dream comes true Tony Foulds, from Sheffield, was visibly emotional today as he was told there will be a flypast to honour their memory - after a...
● How hyper-manicured public spaces hurt urban wildlife Keeping urban habitats such as parks neat and tidy by removing dead wood and leaves is driving the species which live there to extinction.
● Car parking concerns over 27 new homes for former library and community centre site Concerns over parking and open space for new residents have been raised over plans for nearly 30 new homes on the site of a former library and ...
● Non-Call Against New Orleans Saints? Get Over It The New Orleans Saints just blew it. In other words, people are making too much of a fuss over the referee's non-call during their loss Sunday to the Los Angeles Rams during ...
● UFC President Dana White: Jessica Eye In Line For Title Shot Against Champion Valentina Shevchenko Jessica Eye's three-fight winning streak will earn her a UFC title shot according to Dana White.
Press and Journal
● Two Elgin properties targeted in housebreaking incidents Jewellery and cash have been stolen from two properties in the Elgin area.
● Woman seeks help organising wedding with terminally-ill partner A woman has been “overwhelmed” by offers of help and support after getting engaged to her terminally-ill partner.
● Investors' Outsized Bets Part I Managers such as Warren Buffett, Seth Klarman and David Tepper have stand-out investments in their top ideas
● Three Lessons Change Agents Can Learn From Mary Oliver's Life And Poetry An inspired look at Mary Oliver's poetry and a few lessons activists, humanitarians and social entrepreneurs can learn from her words, work and world.
● Plans to bring 900,000 visitors annually to Co Cork stately home The Office of Public Works (OPW) and a community group have ambitious plans to bring more tourists to a stately home in Co Cork, with the hope of attracting up...
● Oscars 2019: Bradley Cooper and Spike Lee among shocking nominations snubs and surprises Another year, Bradley...
● Coroner breaks down in tears as he tells heartbroken parents it was likely their son died a hero Primary Education student Tom Jones was last seen in Worcester city centre after making his way back to student accommodation...
● Tupac was branded a riot risk in prison and had to be kept in solitary for his own safety, explosive jail records reveal TUPAC Shakur was seen as a prison riot risk who might trigger violence with his celebration of gun gangs...
● Construction firm breaks silence over worker's Travelodge rampage amid row over 'unpaid wages' Bosses spoke about the pay dispute and gave an update on the condition of the building
● Four House of Fraser stores to be saved from closure in the UK An interim deal has been reached with landlord Intu for stores in shopping centres Chapelfield, Lakeside, Metrocentre and Victoria Centre.
● Engage Investors With Longer Term Strategy Excessive concentration on short-term earnings causes inadequate attention to strategy, business fundamentals and enduring value creation. Short-termism results in lower overall...
● Hundreds Of Homemade Food Businesses Flourish Under State Food Freedom Laws Three states now let anyone sell almost any homemade dish imaginable, except those that contain meat. There hasn't been a single foodborne illness ...
● Creating Financial Sanity in an Insane World: One Step at a Time (Part 3) It is common for most people to look at their life and make decisions that are general in nature. For example, “I want to retire when I am 67.” Or “I...
● Why The Boss At HB McClure Sold The Company To His Employees “I wanted to instill an ownership mentality in my employees,” says CEO Bob Whalen. “The board thought I was crazy.”
● Shop These 5 Socially-Conscious Brands On Sale Now Save the planet on a budget and shop these sustainable fashion brands on sale this MLK weekend. Read on to discover these deals now.
● 'Black Panther' Best Picture Nod Gives Disney Big Oscar Season Win 'Black Panther' is the first Walt Disney blockbuster to get a Best Picture nomination since 'The Sixth Sense' 19 years ago.
● P&O to change flag of UK ships to Cyprus ahead of Brexit British ferry and shipping freight operator P&O will shift the registration of its UK vessels to Cyprus ahead of Britain's departure from the European Union, ...