What is Malala Yousafzai up to now?
Image source : theweek.co.uk
Description Malala Yousafzai was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014 Credits JONATHAN NACKSTRAND/AFP/Getty Alt Text Malala Yousafzai Youngest ever Nobel Peace Prize winner shines light on plight of refugees in new book In Depth Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 9:42am Malala Yousafzai has become one of the world’s most powerful voices on female education - and now she is trying to use her influenc
▼ Related news :
● How did Marilyn Monroe die, who did she marry and did she have any children? A new docuemtnary looks at the events around her death.
● Cricketer faces deportation to Afghanistan after fleeing to Scotland as a teenager A cricketer is facing deportation to Afghanistan after fleeing the war-torn country for Scotland when he was just a teenager.
● Widowed bride and her mates drink beer in their wedding dresses in Friends-inspired photoshoot 'It was about getting together and having a good time and getting our minds off of the reason that it even came about.'
● Gang jump dad and daughter at Glasgow Subway leaving him unconscious on track The 53-year-old man and his daughter were taken to hospital following the attack.
The Northern Echo
● Appeal in memory of Northallerton Town kit man raises £1,500 A FUNDRAISING appeal to support the widow of a popular Northallerton Town Football Club kit man has raised more than £1,500 since being launched.
● Didcot power station demolition leads to terrifying 'fireball' and mass power cut Spectators were forced to run from flames and thousands of homes have been left without power after a controlled explosion at the site in...
● Coronation Street star Paula Williamson's boyfriend 'flogging £500 tickets to her funeral' The former Coronation Street actress died on July 29 and her funeral is set to take place tomorrow
● How a pan-European picnic brought down the Iron Curtain On 19 August 1989, Hungarians and Austrians gathered in friendship at the border, paving the way to unification When the end finally came for the Iron Curtain, it was not ...
● UK Government accepts it cannot prorogue Parliament for no-deal, says Gina Miller Ms Miller previously went to court and won the right for Parliament to give its consent ahead of the British Government triggering Article 50.
● Daniil Medvedev stuns Novak Djokovic to set up Cincinnati final with Goffin * Russian rallies from a set down to win 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 * David Goffin beats Richard Gasquet to reach finalRussia’s Daniil Medvedev stunned the world...
● Where did all the cod go? Fishing crisis in the North Sea With an international council now on the brink of declaring the species unsustainable – and Brexit looming – what is the future for one of the nation’s favourite meals? ...
● Sobbing mum-of-seven's agony at burying two of her children just years apart Karon Adkins, 43, from Blyth in Northumberland, is mourning the death of daughter Leonie King, 13, almost 15 years after son Leon died aged 17 weeks
● Three-week heatwave starting August Bank Holiday weekend with highs of 30C The wet weather is finally set to clear giving us a chance of a late summer
● Deal, no deal, or remain in the EU? What 23 of the UK's biggest business leaders want to happen with Brexit Prime Minister Boris Johnson has promised to bring the UK out of the EU 'do or die' - but what do the UK's ...
● Grieving girl discovers her late grandad watering his garden on Google Maps in heartwarming pic A NOSTALGIC granddaughter was shocked to find her late grandad watering his garden on Google Maps in a heartwarming photo. Luisa...
● Why Christian Pulisic rejected Manchester United to join Chelsea A good decision?
● Restaurant where waiters have been replaced with female robots The restaurant has six female robots, one of whom is equipped with facial recognition so customers are greeted by their name the next time they return.
● Taste test: wines and cocktails in cans Cookery writer Gizzi Erskine tastes and rates high-street sparkling rosés, mojitos and gins in tins Continue reading...
The Northern Echo
● Broken bones won't stop daughter taking on obstacle course for charity A BROKEN ankle did not deter a plucky fundraiser from completing an obstacle course to help raise more than £6,000 for charity.
● The Extraordinary Night When A NASCAR Driver Apologized For Winning Matt DiBenedetto is out of a ride for 2020, for now. But he nearly won the annual Night Race on Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway, leading 93 laps late ...
● How To Ask Your Parents For Money For College Asking parents for money for college can be awkward. Doing a little math can make it much easier.
● Tyne Idols 'Little Waster' bus tour will take fans to famous Bobby Thompson landmarks Actor Peter Peverley will be performing as the late comic during the tour, which includes a game of bingo at one of Bobby's favourite...
● Brit, 20, suffers collapsed lung after 125mph Spanish roller coaster ride Kevin Perry, from West Belfast, knew something wasn't right as soon as he stepped off the main attraction at the theme park in Salou - and was woken ...
● Rugby league player found dead in hotel hours after making debut Archie Bruce, 20, made his debut for Championship side Batley Bulldogs from the bench last night against Toulouse.